AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well with the current price of the x1 it is hard to pass up. But since I have never seen one I have some questions.

Right now I have a notevision xgnv5xb, am happy with it but not great contrast. will the x1 provide a better picture. Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

I have a 60x80 4X3 screen I watch mostly tivo is the projector good for this? will I just get black lines on the top and bottm now when going to 16x9 I want to mount the projector from the celing.

I also use my pc on it at 1024x768 will it work ok look as good as my native 1024x768 projector?

my reason to upgrade is I want HD 1080i or 720p also 480p for my dvd will this look good?

Thanks any input is appreated.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I'm looking at snagging one of these myself, with my 20% off coupon from Dell. I also had questions, since this will be my very first projector :).

Native resolution is 800x600. What are you all doing for watching DVDs, HD, etc;? It seems like you can input everything up to 1080i into it for HD, so what happens to it then?Are you just running it on as big a screen as possible and living with the letterbox effect? I'm going to be moving from a 57" RPTV, and am curious about the picture quality differences. Do you only use it for movies and HD, and not normal TV?

Thanks,

MP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.