AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to teach my universal Sony rmav2100 remote the codes to use all the functions that can be assigned to X1 "effect" button (aspect ratio, freeze, zoom etc. ) It looks like it cannot be done, as it seems that the effect button sends always the same code which is then assigned to a different function by selecting it in the on-screen menu.

So if I assign all the separate effect functions to separate buttons on my universal remote they all ultimately activate the same function - depending on what's the assignment for the "effect" button in the menu.

Has anyone succeded in doing this right, or is it even possible...?

piesek

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tried the same thing, but unfortuntately the effect button just outputs one specific IR code and then it's up to your X1 to figure out what to do when it receives that code.

Theoretically, the X1 could have its BIOS upgraded to interpret more codes, but you'd have to talk to Infocus to see if their willing to do this.

Actually, I just zipped over to X1's product page and you can download a PDF file which lists a number of different IR codes. There are a bit more than are on the standard X1 remote.

How to get these codes into a learning remote is beyond me. You might need some fancy-shmancy remote that you can program via a PC.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure how the remote 'learns' and I may be totally off on this; but, all the functions available to the effect key are available via separate menu items but you have to drill down the menu. Can you not teach the remote to drill down the menu and select the appropriate function instead of teaching it to mimic the effect button. 'Coz the effect button is primarily designed to do just one thing, send in the IR code assigned and the X1 will decide what it needs to do based on the selection you made during the setup.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think HTperfect is on to something. I'm pretty sure that the Sony rmav2100 can do macros, so it would just be a matter of teaching it the combination of key presses with necessary delays.

You will however likely get the various menu screens popping up as the commands are processed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yepp, it has macro capability, but only some buttons (system and component ones) can be assigned to execute macros. No "soft" or "function" buttons can do that. I have a couple of unused system buttons left so I'll try this tonight.

piesek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.