1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ChaCha
what the heck does that mean?
I assure you it was nothing offensive (perhaps a bit stupid)

I wanted to bump my thread so I drew an ASCII bump (you know, like a speed bump/hump/traffic calming device...get it?)

I guess we must have a different sense of humor or something...

I promise I'll never do it again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Maybe Chacha meant "what the heck is the service code for the X1?"

That's what I was thinking, anyway.

Regards,

Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by piesek
Does anyone know the service code for the X1?

piesek

You should have written "does anyone know the code to acces the service menu?" ;)

I think there is no service menu in the Infocus projectors.

Pat

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yup there is a service code but unlike the Z1 I have never seen any info on it. I'm sure KBK would know what it is as his Goo 0.5 is a modified X1. He won't be available until after the Canuck shoot out. What are you trying to tweak?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually in the settings menu under service there is an entry called: service code. User's input is required and it is supposed to be 6 characters(clicks). I just don't know what they are... Infocus support will not give it away and I couldn't find any service documentation that usually lists all the codes in the service menu. I am trying to do some minor geometry tweaks.

piesek

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ChaCha
geometry tweaks? You mean like circles & squares?
Something like this. Actually when running the overscan test pattern the image on my X1 appears to be off centre - it is shifted to the right and up.

It's really nothing major, about 3%.

I spent lots of time tweaking my Wega crt display and it's pretty darn close to perfection now. The difference is that I was able to order the service manual from sony and all the service codes and values were listed there.

piesek

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
To find the sevice code, you need a infrared analyzer for PC's. In this way, you can analyze exactly how many different actual keystrokes the remote puts out. Then you can figure out if it is worth bothering to try and get into it. The best bet, is to program a PC transmitter box to do all the different combinations, one after another. it might take a few days, but it could be done.

A very simple bit of programming, overall.

This trick is true for ANY PJ, if you are really serious about finding the access code.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
To find the sevice code, you need a infrared analyzer for PC's. In this way, you can analyze exactly how many different actual keystrokes the remote puts out. Then you can figure out if it is worth bothering to try and get into it. The best bet, is to program a PC transmitter box to do all the different combinations, one after another. it might take a few days, but it could be done.

A very simple bit of programming, overall.

This trick is true for ANY PJ, if you are really serious about finding the access code.
Wow, is that all? Sounds like fun - I get on it right away!!!

Just kidding....

I was thinking of trying to extract it from the firmware somehow, but was told it is possible but totally impractical. The Ir analyzer idea seems to make sense, but I was hoping that someone who works with these would actually know the code. How is it that the codes for Sanyo and Panasonic are known, but not Infocus?

piesek

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone have a friend at InFocus?

My charm didn't work with those guys. When I sent them an email about it they very politely told me to stay the hell away from the service menu, as I can actually break the projector. Duh!

It didn't work when I promised them that I will be really, really, really careful...

What is puzzling to me is that not many people seem to be actually interested in obtaining the access to the service menu for the X1.

I guess it must really be that good out of the box! I personally wouldn't mind tweaking it even closer to perfection.

KS

·
Registered
807 Posts
there's probably some adjustment which dealers need to do in order to fix common issues, reset the lamp counter to 0 if a projector is returned ...

make friends w/ the tech support people at the different X1 dealers.

and KBK's suggestions make good sense -- I'd try it myself if I had the right equipment to create the control codes used by the X1's remote ...

and disassembling the firmware might be the way to go if I knew which family of processor it's using ...

Mark

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It'd be nice to know, but I can live without the service code. My settings are nearly the same as out of the box after I played around with it a lot.

It makes me wonder what's in there that could break it though. I'm guessing you'd have to do something pretty stupid.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.