AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New X1 owner here.. set up on coffee table for awhile, looked great.

Now some big problems have started today. Not sure why or how to fix, or do I need to send back unit.

First the picture has gone Black and White. Can't get any color. Not sure why this suddenly happened but it did.

Second, my remote doesn't work switching to Video from Computer. Button on unit doesn't work either. Haved to shut down and restart to get switch working again. This just started too. Was working fine up till today.

Third, when watching 16x9 DVDs I see a thin band of light pixels around the bottom of the black border. Only see it on bottom and left side of image. I have unit set to overscan but doesn't seem to help.

Fourth., I see a even thinner band of lighter pixels along the movie.. maybe about 3 pixels high.. along bottom and right side.

Anyone with similar problems or suggestions on how to fix appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks bholio..

replaced S-video cable with another and that seemed to fix the black and white problem.. so color is back!

Now the other problems still there.. The switching between video and computer works but it seems to freeze up occasionally.

Also still seeing the small pixel border in picture AND on black border. In the 16x9 image it's about 2 pixels of lighter color image going around the border of image.

in the Black border area it's a 6 or 8 pixels of lighter image going around the edges

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'm at a loss on the computer/video switching, although I have seen it happen before on that model. Just not sure how it was resolved.

In regards to the lighter border around the entire image, that is natural "masking". There isn't going to be much you can do with it outside of zooming it out over the black masking of your screen.

The lighter pixel areas in the lower corner of the image could be light spillage. Hard to tell though without seeing it.

Any way you could post a digital picture for us?

Never forget that Infocus has a pretty good DOA and ProXchange programs in case there are defects with your projector. Don't hesitate to give them a shout if you have a few minutes. You can usually get someone there on the phone within a couple minutes.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Quote:
Also still seeing the small pixel border in picture AND on black border. In the 16x9 image it's about 2 pixels of lighter color image going around the border of image.

in the Black border area it's a 6 or 8 pixels of lighter image going around the edges
I think I have a border around the image too. It doesn't bother me. I just thought it was the de-interlacer getting confused as it tried to 'invent' data to fill in missing lines near the edges where there isn't enough data.

Not sure if I have extra brightness at the edge of the unused area when viewing 16:9. Can you really count 8 pixels of lightness? Or it is just an optical illusion caused by the border between the still-lit-but-black area of the projected image and the really-black-because-the-projecter-doesn't-hit-it-there are of your screen?

What kind of screen? I'm still on a parkland. Maybe these things are more pronounced on a high gain screen.

As for the video/computer switch, do you have auto-source-select (or something) on? Maybe this has something do do with it..

·
Registered
785 Posts
I had a few "bright" pixels showing up on the bottom of my picture. I fixed it by changing the vertical position setting. I basically just moved the picture down a few pixels until it went away. Worked for me.

mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same problem with pixels showing at the top of the screen on HD channels. I used the vertical position adjustment and no pixels now.

I have heard problems with the remote. The problems are with the batteries suddenly going dead and it not working properly. Try switching them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.