AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the VGA input on the X1 a male input (ie has pins) or female (ie blue with holes)?

Just need to know for cable

Thanks

D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I should get a MALE to FEMALE 10m VGA cable (as Video card is female?)

Its just on the Infocus site it says:

"Input

Input Sources: Computer (VGA 15-pin HDDSUB female); video (S-Video 6-pin mini DIN, component RCA through S-Video adapter, and composite video RCA); audio (3.5mm mini-jack)

"

To me this means that the connector on the X1 itself is Female (ie has holes for the pins on the cable)? Is this correct or incorrect?

My guess would be the "monitor out" from the X1 would be female (and blue) same as a PC Video card, and the input would be male (and black) with pins sticking out.

I'd love 100% confirm before I get the cable, im gettin the cable and running it a few days before i get the x1.

D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Actually, I'm afraid Dean's wrong. The VGA port mounted on the X1, as well as the VGA pass through port alongside it, is FEMALE (has holes). A standard VGA cable will plug right in.

Ron Yost

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ron, thanks for that

OK so i need a MALE to MALE VGA cable?

So the above quote from the Infocus site is correct, the VGA INPUT is female (ie has holes and needs a cable with pins).

D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool,

Lucky i checked, would have got a MALE to Female :)

I does make sense having ONLY female connections, that way ppl can only damage the pins on the cable and not the unit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That's the idea I guess, Spoonfed. Does make sense.

No prob, Dean. Happens to me all the time. I had to look to make sure, in fact. At least you were trying to help .. that's the important thing, to me.

Ron

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah thanks to both of yas :)

The clown selling the PJ didn't know, hmmm then he went and looked an another Infocus model, ohhh yeah it is female, hmmm

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm not sure if it's still included but my pj came with the cable.

Check their website.

Colin.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Excuse me for slightly changing the subject, but I just got an X1 and am working out cabling and inputs now. My STB has an RGB out (Sony HD200). If I use the VGA cable that came with the X1, will that give me optimum HDTV quality? I assume it would be better than using Component out into a Component/VGA adapter?

And if I use the RGB on the X1 with the STB, what about my DVD? Use S-Video?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd use VGA from the STB to the X1. And if your DVD player is interlaced use Component to the S-Video in on the X1 with the adapter. Otherwise just use S-video, it is still supprisingly good with a decent player. If the DVD player is progressive try it on the VGA in with an addaptor and see it is any better, but this would mean u need a switch box to switch VGA input and component/vga adaptors.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for the response. The DVD is a Denon 1600 (progressive). I'll use the VGA cable that came with the X1 for STB->X1 and since I already have an s-video cable I'll use it for DVD->X1. That's the easiest and fastest :) You've raised some good options if I want to push higher.

Dennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.