AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on where to get a VGA to component breakout cable? I need one for my HD receiver to my X1. I prefer not to go the VGA to BNC to RCA adapter to RCA route. Does anyone make just a straight VGA to RCA component cable? (Please write the names of any vendors in super secret CODE (IKE-LAY IS-THAY) so this one doesn't get yanked too. ;)

ike-may

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
They are generally available in computer stores not video stores. They are sometimes called "RGBHV breakout cables". You might try a web search for this term.

Frys in Palo Alto (CA) has them for around $40.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlsmith
They are generally available in computer stores not video stores. They are sometimes called "RGBHV breakout cables". You might try a web search for this term.

Frys in Palo Alto (CA) has them for around $40.
Actually, I think computer stores only have VGA-5BNC cables (and even then, I could not find any locally... forgot to try Fry's though...)

Bet ter ca bles has an expensive (> $100) one. I went the VGA-BNC-RCA-RCA route... Still waiting for it to arrive to make comparisons...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
What's the big deal? Just use a rgb to 5BNC cable that you can get at most computer stores. You only need to use the red, green and blue bnc cables. Worked fine for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.