AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sharp M20XA and was wondering how the X1 compares. My Sharp has had reliability issues and it might be nice to unload my Sharp and put some money back into my pocket.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's not as good. I fact I was thinking just the opposite! Getting the 20X over the X1. I saw them both at the same time, side by side. The X1 had rainbows the 20X didn't. What reliablilty issues are you having?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone compared the 2 side by side? I have a m20xa now and I'm on my 3rd unit. I have had bulb problems a dead pixel and lighting problems. I also find the fan to be a bit loud. I like to 3000 hour bulb and the 5 year warrnaty on the x1. I also like that fact that its a lot cheaper. I find the reds on the m20x to be really bad, the x1's color is supposed to be much better. Has anyone seen these 2 side by side?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dbaxterdealcatcher
I find the reds on the m20x to be really bad, the x1's color is supposed to be much better.
Have you tried a filter and the settings I've posted here a couple of times for nice reds and color balance? It is a tradeoff, since it reduces brightness, but I'm going to order a Hi-Power screen to get the brightness back (and then some).

--Darin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have a hoya FL-d filter on my sharp.. I've also used your settings and some of my own. The reds are still sorta week.. I'm going to order in a x1 and compare for my self. I will sell off which ever one looks worse.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.