AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Care to tell us what you want to use it for? I got the X1 as I knew I would be watching a lot of 480i material and the Faroudja chip, along with the 4000 hour lamp life sold me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lucamabob182
XBOX, TV and dvds.
If you are going to watch 480i tv on your projector I would highly suggest getting the X1. The Faroudja chip is sure to make a large differnce in picture quality for low res 480i sources. Especialy if you intend to watch DVD's on your Xbox like I do. The 6100 has a 3x color wheel as opposed to the 2x color wheel of the X1. But given the benefits of the Faroudja given how you intend to watch tv on your projector (and added lamp life) I would suggest the X1 in your case.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Swat_R2
There's several of these threads started each day, I'd do a search.
And when you do a search here is a cut and paste instruction I use whenever explaining the search area here at AVS. (The Search I speak of is on the top of the webpage [to the left of HT Marketplace], not the search just above the threads list.)

"Use the "crawler" setting in the lower left corner of the Search area as the default "faster" setting does very little and is not faster. (It would be good to change this default as posters are often saying they can't find any reference to a desired topic.)"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.