AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XI with a fairly new bulb (less than 1000 hrs) on it .. went to turn it on yesterday and the green light comes on, fan starts up, but then it quickly switches to a flashing red light doing an on, on, off----, on, on, off---- .. the color wheel is not spinning up either. I took the bulb out, it does not appear to be blown. Its in tact and looks fine. Will the projector not spin the colorwheel when the bulb goes bad? I wouldnt understand how it would know the bulb was blown. it was working fine when I turned it off yesterday. Any ideas? Its a backup to play games on in our basement as I upgraded to a in72 for the tvroom. I dont want to put any money in it, i dont really want to buy a bulb just to test it. I was going to retire it when the bulb went... just cant help but think its not the bulb, something more serious. The bulb was new last August. I put maybe 10 hours a week on it since then. Ive went through two bulbs on this x1, and both popped loudly and smoked .. a sure sign it was blown, plus the picture was really dim and it was hitting 3000 hrs.

Thanks for any info..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.