AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey AVS,

I posted a while back regarding getting 720 native res on my proj (ax100u) via my x1650. I'm having trouble getting it to work correctly.

No matter how I tweak settings in the CCC, I still get a small black border around my screen on my ax100u. It scales the video slightly smaller, and as a result, everything gets blurry.

Ive tried running the vid card directly to the proj via the avivo component out and via dvi -> HDMI, but it does the bars no matter what I do. Running from the DVI port directly, using non native res (like 1366 x 768, or 1400 x900), the card scales everything correctly, but of course it still looks fuzzy. I usually mirror my primary display (lvm37 w1) and 1280 x 720 scales on this correctly.

My G4 laptop does everything perfectly when I test it, so I know its a problem with my x1650. I believe I'm using 3.9 of the driver and CCC. Using the latest (7.1) worked worse, I couldn't scale 1280 x 720 on my primary display.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

TIA,

dabu

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
I had the same problem with an X1300 and an X1600. I was using Windows Vista at the time and I found that if you use the driver in the box the display would be normal. When I used the drivers from ATI's website and installed the CCC I would get underscan instead of the standard overscan when connected to my 720P DLP TV. I couldn't figure it out. ATI said that I was supposed to use the CCC to adjust the image size for my screen. It didn't work at the time in Vista (beta driver).

I could live with the overscan as there are ways to compensate for it. When the output had underscan I could never get the card to output a resolution without the border around the image. Needless to say both cards went back and I switched to Nvidia. The problem only seemed to exist on teh x1x00 cards. The older cards did not have the problem. It was like they were purposly doing some kind of overscan compensation so you could see the entire Windows Desktop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.