AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found where to buy a new bulb for the X1 at less than the retail price of $299.00. I can't believe such a small bulb could cost more than $10 to make, let alone sell for $300.00....I've heard of service after the sale, but this is a royal screwing if you ask me.

Also, has anyone fed component into the VGA port with the converter cable and ran as far as 25'? I would like to run everything into my stereo, HDTV, DVD and my PC (VGA from PC to component into DVD) and get best picture possible.

I would appreciate all input on getting the best signal into and best pic out of my X1.

Just turned 1000hrs, 6 months old. Gotta teach the wife how to turn it off at night.

PERFECT PIXELS

Thanks guys

·
Registered
352 Posts
What do you consider "turning off" your projector? The Remote control or the Switch on the unit?

The hours used should only refer to the time that the lamp is burning, not in standby (off via remote). If you/wife are leaving your projector on all night while not watching it, it's kinda like leaving your car running all night in the garage while you sleep.. wasteful. ;)

Here's a link here in this forum with some good info on bulbs & cost:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=357790

25" with component video should not pose any loss of quality. Just make sure and purchase a good set of cables. Blue Jeans cables, Better cables & Monster Cable are all fine examples of good quality cables. There are many others as well. Make sure that you are not running parallel to any AC (power) lines. Crossing over them is ok.

I'm a bit confused by your proposed method of connecting the PC (VGA from PC to component into DVD)??? Are you thinking of passing the PC signal via component through the DVD player? If so, I've never seen a DVD player with a pass through. Does your receiver have component video switching? If so, you could connect all three of the sources via individual component inputs and use the receiver to do the switching for you. It's always better to connect your sources directly to the projector, but not always feasible.

Best of luck!

Sonicflood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.