AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came back from vacation and tried to play a couple standard DVDs on my XA1, but nothing displays on the screen other than the message "Audio Format Not Supported" in the lower left-hand corner. The player then continues to play the disc but no video/audio coming out.

I'm connected via HDMI and tried several DVDs with no luck. Also unplugged the unit for a minute to see if that would reset the problem...no luck. I've had the 3.0 firmware since end of October with no issues until now.

I'm not even able to go to the setup screen after interrupting the playback of those DVDs as I get the same error message.

Searched this forum with no luck regarding this error message.

· Registered
14,420 Posts
Sounds like a HDMI issue. The message is telling you (from the TV) that you may have outputted something other than PCM 2.0 to the TV (which is the only thing most TVs can accept).

Try reconnect the HDMI cable, use properly power on sequence and re-configure the player.

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after much futzing around...it came alive when I kept cycling through the video resolutions...weird.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.