AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the prices on these players for months now and was checking today and neither appeared on the site, even with a search with the exact model numbers. Only the A2 is listing. Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
you're right, nothing comes up. i'm sure the answer as to why wil surface soon.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Weird, I've been doing the same thing. It appears they have modified their search results for when you search A20 or XA2. (Blu-Ray conspiracy
) They are still there. Use this link I got from these forums from somebody. Easier to check prices too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/comparison/...N.7=B000JG2N2I

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan /forum/post/0

Weird, I've been doing the same thing. It appears they have modified their search results for when you search A20 or XA2. (Blu-Ray conspiracy
) They are still there. Use this link I got from these forums from somebody. Easier to check prices too.

I will be bookmarking that one for sure! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Not only that, but now there is a BD player at the top of my amazon HD-dvd page...AND, searching for HD-XA2 yields no results ...AND in related searches it comes up with a BD player...

fair and balanced ...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I just searched on XA2 and it returned 5 hits..

1 Toshiba A2

2 The Panasonic BluRay player

3 Toshiba HD D2

4 S 17 lcd monitor ???

5 a batter of some sort??

I searched on HD-XA2 and got 3 hits

1 HD D2

2 A2

3 XA1

I searched on Toshiba hd dvd player and it returned a bunch of hits

Pretty much all the first gen varaints, the A2 and the D2

Don't know why they are hiding the XA2 and A20 so well, they have them in stock.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray /forum/post/0

I just searched on XA2 and it returned 5 hits..

1 Toshiba A2

2 The Panasonic BluRay player

3 Toshiba HD D2

4 S 17 lcd monitor ???
5 a batter of some sort??

I searched on HD-XA2 and got 3 hits

1 HD D2

2 A2

3 XA1

I searched on Toshiba hd dvd player and it returned a bunch of hits

Pretty much all the first gen varaints, the A2 and the D2

Don't know why they are hiding the XA2 and A20 so well, they have them in stock.

LMAO!! That actually made me lol in real life. A battery? lol!!! I did the search and yes some type of "quantum battery" is a result

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan /forum/post/0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/comparison/...N.7=B000JG2N2I

Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player

Weight: 25.52 pounds
Good grief... I didn't notice mine was so heavy! Heh. Well, I think this settles it once and for all. Pound for pound, the A2 is the best value, hands down!

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is strange. I just tried it and you're right, no search seems to be able to return either.

I placed them into my cart, then moved them to my "Saved Items" awhile back. They are both still there, and are both "In Stock." The A20 is currently $397.88, and the XA2 is $576.48. They fluctuate wildly though, up and down.

I have the link but for the XA2 but I can't post it yet because I'm a noob.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trots /forum/post/0

That is strange. I just tried it and you're right, no search seems to be able to return either.

I placed them into my cart, then moved them to my "Saved Items" awhile back. They are both still there, and are both "In Stock." The A20 is currently $397.88, and the XA2 is $576.48. They fluctuate wildly though, up and down.

I have the link but for the XA2 but I can't post it yet because I'm a noob.

Make some quick posts then!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Same thing happened last night to me on there. I found it quite curious. But I browsed instead of searched and I was able to find it. Or vice versa. One of the two. I dunno.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Oh my god. The BD fanboys will say this is certainly the death of HD DVD! Amazon isn't stocking these players...BS.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I guess I noticed lately how the whole HD-DVD store seemed to dissapear, but the Blu-Ray Store was still on their site. I thought it would be something they fixed right away but I just checked again and it's still not there.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Have any of you given any thought to whom in their right frame of mind would purchase the XA2 before June 10th?

Right now folks that purchased the XA2 after the recent price increases over the low $519.65 at Amazon will be contemplating returning there unit and still come out ahead even paying the return shipping cost to Amazon. They will simply wait and re-order the XA2 to get the instant $100.00 rebate offer.

Unless you know for sure to the contrary I would assume the consumer HAS to actually make the purchase order between the specified dates imposed by Toshiba to get the $100.00 instant rebate. June 10th - June 16th on the XA2

This is a rebate offered by the manufacturer and not an incentive price reduction by Amazon or any other vendor, dealer, or distributor authorized to sell Toshiba products. So I dont think the 30 day price reduction match credit will work with Amazon either, but I may be wrong. Amazon credits any price reduction THEY impose within 30 days from delivery of an item.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/0

Have any of you given any thought to whom in their right frame of mind would purchase the XA2 before June 10th?

Right now folks that purchased the XA2 after the recent price increases over the low $519.65 at Amazon will be contemplating returning there unit and still come out ahead even paying the return shipping cost to Amazon. They will simply wait and re-order the XA2 to get the instant $100.00 rebate offer.

Unless you know for sure to the contrary I would assume the consumer HAS to actually make the purchase order between the specified dates imposed by Toshiba to get the $100.00 instant rebate. June 10th - June 16th on the XA2

This is a rebate offered by the manufacturer and not an incentive price reduction by Amazon or any other vendor, dealer, or distributor authorized to sell Toshiba products. So I dont think the 30 day price reduction match credit will work with Amazon either, but I may be wrong. Amazon credits any price reduction THEY impose within 30 days from delivery of an item.

Regards,

I took this rebate to be "in store only"...not an online offer.

·
Registered
714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ /forum/post/0

I took this rebate to be "in store only"...not an online offer.

From what I heard here on the forum the $100.00 instant rebate would apply for Amazon also and if thats the case I would assume VE included.

Some of the other folks may know SURE about on-line retailers.

Regards,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.