AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on my XA2 this morning and it went straight to the Setup screen. I said Uh oh. All of the settings were back to the defaults. I made a few changes and pressed Setup to get out. The display then says Welcome and it freezes there. I have to do a hard powerdown to turn it off, and when I turn it on again it goes straight to the Setup screen, whether I turn it on with the remote, the power button or the disc eject button. I tried unplugging it. Same problem. I have less than 2 hours on the machine. very frustrated. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
27,672 Posts
Return it. If it does this once, it could do it many more times when you least expect it. Probably a bad apple.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/0

Return it. If it does this once, it could do it many more times when you least expect it. Probably a bad apple.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give Robert a call. Hopefully I can just exchange it. I live pretty close to his shop. My wife and I were hoping to spend the day watching movies.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Did u try unplugging it? possibly it just needs a reset. Although if a battery inside probably will not work.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Robert Comes through again! Sounds like a software issue though, they are complex machines..almost like a PC built for playing DVD CD media only.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The battery inside is probably preventing a reset via unplug. Hard to say though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.