AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm still new to XBMC and I'm trying to figure out the best way to add Concerts as a home item and maintain those videos separate from my movies and TV shows. I've been using Confluence but I know there are plenty of skins that allow you to create custom home items and I also know there is a concertsdb scraper that pulls from TMDB. A lot of the concerts I have though are recorded from TV shows like Austin City Limits or Live From the Artists Den. So is there a way I can maintain those along with the concert movies I have ripped from disk? Right now I have those organized with my TV shows and the concert movies organized with my movies and fortunately nearly everything scrapes that way from TVDB or TMDB but it would make a lot more sense to me to just have them together under Concerts and separate from everything else. If there's no scraper that can do both then do I need to be looking at creating a smart playlist as a home item instead? Appreciate any tips on this.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Have you tried Media Center Master? I had a video called "Down the Rhodes: Story of the Fender Rhodes" that my friend sent me a few months ago. XBMC could not find any information for it but Media Center Master was able to scrape data and a few thumbnails for this video. I looked it up on The tvdb and found the video number, entered it into Media Center Master, and it immediately began to scrape information.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93  /t/1471729/xbmc-help-for-concerts#post_23289053

Have you tried Media Center Master? I had a video called "Down the Rhodes: Story of the Fender Rhodes" that my friend sent me a few months ago. XBMC could not find any information for it but Media Center Master was able to scrape data and a few thumbnails for this video. I looked it up on The tvdb and found the video number, entered it into Media Center Master, and it immediately began to scrape information.

Thanks but Media Center Master is only for Windows, right? I should have mentioned but my platform is linux (openelec).

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Ahh ok, yea I believe it is Windows Only.

Since you're in XBMC, you may want to look at the Aeon Nox skin. I'm also new to XBMC and I have this running with some custom skins downloaded from the forums regarding this skin. You may be able to find a solution to Categorize your concerts in a manner to which they are grouped in their own section away from TV Shows and Movies. I know by viewing those threads for Aeon Nox, they even have "Oscar" categories for films, so it is that granular.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks groove. I'll take a look at Aeon Nox and see if that works for me. Maybe if it offers more flexibility for creating and maintaining smart playlists as custom home items then that could do the trick. What I'd really prefer though is a concerts or music video scraper that includes both TV concert shows and DVD (movie) concert releases. If there was something like that then I could just save them together in their own share and then any skin that allowed me to create a custom home item for concerts should work just fine. But just from my searching around so far it sounds like no such scraper like that exists.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I installed Aeon Nox last night and after a little time configuring it I think it will help me with what I'm trying to do. I don't think I'm going to try to do anything through smart playlists though, at least not yet. After reading up on the Concertsdb scraper on the XBMC forum I think I should be able to just add all my Austin City Limits, etc. concerts to TMDB and once I have the Concertsdb addon installed it should be able to scrape them from that as music videos. I just actually have to try it and make sure it works.

A couple of drawbacks I did notice w/Aeon Nox though was that the fan on my HTPC (an Intel Celeron NUC) got a lot louder than I ever heard it before and the NUC itself got pretty hot to the touch, and then after I did all my configuring and tried to watch a couple of my videos the picture was noticeably darker (and stayed that way even after I switched back to Confluence to test it). Not sure if either of those should have anything to do with the skin but I have heard that Aeon Nox is more CPU intensive than most skins so now I'm wondering if I might be pushing my NUC with it a little too hard and would be better off with one of the other skins that includes custom home items instead? I do like the look of Aeon Nox though so maybe I'll just try it a little longer first to see if those things don't improve on their own.

Anyway though, as long as Concertsdb will scrape any new concerts I add to TMDB then that will take care of what I was originally asking about and now it's just a matter of finding the best skin for my purposes that will let me add concerts as a home item too.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Good news! Yea I didnt know what type of hardware you were running and Aeon Nox will require some CPU Power. I tried running it on my Raspberry Pi and the poor thing choked. There's a wealth of information and help regarding this Skin and it may provide insight on other skins you may have an interest with as you learn the ins and outs of XBMC\.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay so I've got good news and bad news. Good news is that I've found the right skin: ACE is absolutely fantastic so far and much less of a strain on my NUC than Aeon Nox. So, very happy I've found that.

Bad news is that I haven't figured out any way to add my the Concerts share on my server as a video source and have XBMC actually read it as my default source for music videos the way it automatically read the Movies and TV Shows shares on my server as the default source when I added those originally. I've tried through the Concerts section in ACE and when that didnt' work I went back to Confluence to the main videos section so I could add the share as a source exactly the same way I did with movies and TV. Either way just creates Concerts as one of the sources that now shows up in the file list view when I select the Concerts home item which I can then click through to see all of my folders in that share and play the video files in each (as well as see the fanart jpgs, etc listed under those folders as well). But there's no art or metadata displayed for any of it and from the home screen the whole Concerts section reads as empty.

I've tried with 3 different music videos scrapers and have experimented with different formatting/naming conventions so I don't think either of those are the issue. Anyone else ever run into this trying to add a video source in XBMC? Under Movies and TV Shows, whenever I have files that haven't scraped they either won't appear in the titles or I'll get a folder for the title which is empty. I've never seen it where every file can still be accessed through a file list view but nothing is actually scraping. It's like I've got XBMC for Movies and TV Shows but just some dumb old dlna player for Concerts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts