AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is there anybody out there that would be willing to help me set up a pvr for XBMC so that i can use with my cable/DDVR instead of WMC? I've tried a few times but could never seem to get it to work. I have a HDHR3 tuner and a comcast cable card. I tried using next pvr and went step by step on the wiki page but no luck.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ya i downloaded it, fired it up and scanned my channels off of the card but when i would click on a channel it would just be a black screen.. googled that and tried everything i could find but no luck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I found this guide to be pretty helpful:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1440470/xbmc-live-tv-and-unofficial-nextpvr-guide-targeted-to-homerun-prime

I don't use schedules direct but rather mc2xml. There's a guide on the mc2xml page which shows how to integrate it with NextPVR pretty seamlessly (auto update and all).

In terms of black screen, I had a similar problem. You need to play around with the video/audio codecs. I have the Shark007 codec pack installed and use the LAV codecs just to get it to work. If you want to used XBMC I don't think you need video working in the NextPVR program as XBMC has it's own codecs which seem to work well.

Just keep playing around with it and you can get it to work. I've founds WMC "just works" while XBMC/NextPVR requires a little bit more tweaking/patience. The tweaker in me loves XBMC for that reason, but at times it can be frustrating.

Oh, and also the NextPVR wiki is pretty helpful: http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=QuickStart.QuickStart

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
IF your provider flags everything as "copy once" I don't think anything, but WMC will work.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there anyway to look up whether my provider flags everything as "copy once" before i attempt to try setting this up again? I really don't want to spend all day trying to figure this out to find out its not going to work. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
comcast in eugene oregon

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i'm at the point in their walkthrough where you scan your home run in device settings on nextpvr and it crashes it. I already patched it and restarted my pc.. any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts