AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having an issue that I have tried to no avail to fix, and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

My setup:

CPU: C2D E6600 2.4ghz

Memory: 8GB DDR2 1066hz

GPU: BFG GTX 280 OC2

Mobo: P5K-E/Wifi-AP

HDDs:

1tb WD black via esata,

1.5tb WD Green via esata,

1tb Maxtor? (in popcorn hour a-110) via USB Slave.

160gb system drive with win7 ultimate

Display: Samsung LNA650 40" via hdmi->dvi connector

I have a large collection of HD video encoded at 23.976hz, and my hdtv (Sammy a650) supports 24p, so I know hardware-wise, everything is fine. I want to run the computer at 60hz for everything including the xbmc menus, but switch to 23.9hz (or whatever the source material may be) upon playing a movie encoded at such.

If I configure the gtx 280 to run at 60hz in the nvidia control panel and select xbmc to set display rate = source rate, the playback is incredibly stuttery and intolerable. If I configure the gtx to run at 23.976, videos play perfectly and incredibly smoothly, but the rest of the computer is just slow looking due to the lowered refresh rate.

For some reason in the nvidia control panel, [email protected] and [email protected] are listed under separate display modes, the former of which lists: 60 and 30, and the latter listing 24 and 23.976 (instead of having all refresh rates listed under the same resolution), which may be contributing to this problem...

If there's anyway to set up some sort of call to the nvidia driver to not only switch refresh rate, but switch over from the 1080p mode with 60hz listed, to the 1080p mode (which lists 23.976), I believe it would solve my issues.

Oh, also, is there anyway to set the ifs-drives control panel item to automatically assign a drive letter to my external ext3 drive on boot?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts