AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a relatively new 360 owner and was curious as to which original Xbox games are worth grabbing?

I just got Half-Life 2 and I forgot how much fun I had with the game (on the PC), and I'm curious as to what else is recommended (that will play on the 360) since the original system's games have fallen in price.

I'm not a graphic quality hound, but 480p+ and Dolby 5.1 are pluses.

· Registered
8,070 Posts
Doom. Seeing it scaled to 720P is a wonder.

· Registered
402 Posts
For action, Ninja Gaiden is best of probably last 5 years. For multiplayer, Halo 2 (Halo 1 had a better single player campaign). For RPG, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was supposedly fantastic if you can stomach the Star Wars license (I couldn't). I preferred Fable for an action-RPG fix.

· Registered
50 Posts
Two of the better-known titles I'd recommend are Fable and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Two more obscure titles--but which I think are among the best Xbox games altogether-- are Psychonauts, and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. They're both really well done and very funny. I wish they'd sold better...

· Registered
78 Posts
The story in the original Halo is fantastic as well. Halo 2 is a lot of fun single player, but the game really begins with multiplayer.

Ninja Gaiden Black, IMO, is one of the best games ever made.

Fable is a fun action/RPG, although short

Also worth looking at would be both of the Knights of the Old Republic games (both RPGs)

· Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppo /forum/post/0

Here's a short list:

Psychonauts.

Beyond Good and Evil (must have).

Star Wars Battlefront II.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and KOTORII.

Indigo Prophecy (pretty far off the beaten path).

I agree that Beyond Good and Evil was awesome, but it's unfortunately not backward compatible. I think the original poster only has a 360. I'm not sure about the compatibility of the other titles except Psychonauts.

· Registered
78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philucifer /forum/post/0

I agree that Beyond Good and Evil was awesome, but it's unfortunately not backward compatible. I think the original poster only has a 360. I'm not sure about the compatibility of the other titles except Psychonauts.

That is correct, Beyond Good and Evil is not backwards compatible.

List of all backwards compatible games:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm

· Registered
2,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/0

Doom. Seeing it scaled to 720P is a wonder.

So Doom 3 looks and plays better on the 360? Do most original xbox games play better on the 360 than on the original Xbox?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.