AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a Xbox 360 and with the recent patch, it is capable of 1080P through it's component cables. I was wondering since my tv is not capable of 1080P through component, it is a Sony SXRD KDS-50A2000. Can my Yamaha RX-V2700 (which I am about to buy) able to accept 1080P through component and output it through HDMI?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think it does like it is said here:

" Wide-range component video bandwidth

(100MHz -3 dB, 1080p compatible) "

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellion /forum/post/0

Hey everyone, I have a Xbox 360 and with the recent patch, it is capable of 1080P through it's component cables. I was wondering since my tv is not capable of 1080P through component, it is a Sony SXRD KDS-50A2000. Can my Yamaha RX-V2700 (which I am about to buy) able to accept 1080P through component and output it through HDMI?

It ABSOLUTELY cannot. This was answered directly by Yamaha in the 1700 / 2700 thread.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjensen /forum/post/0

It ABSOLUTELY cannot. This was answered directly by Yamaha in the 1700 / 2700 thread.

Both 1700 and 2700 have enough component video bandwidth to support 1080p, so in theory if you use component in and out of the receiver it should work (provided your TV is capable of 1080p), what it might not be able to handle is 1080p signal via component upconverted to HDMI out. Just my opinion, I do not own these receiver, so I don't have a way to test my theory.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axs /forum/post/0

Both 1700 and 2700 have enough component video bandwidth to support 1080p, so in theory if you use component in and out of the receiver it should work (provided your TV is capable of 1080p), what it might not be able to handle is 1080p signal via component upconverted to HDMI out. Just my opinion, I do not own these receiver, so I don't have a way to test my theory.

Your assumption is correct.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Quote:

This sucks
I was considering this unit for this feature. I guess I'll wait for the next gen of Yamaha receivers to fix all of this minor bugs including the ability to upscale digital signals up to 1080p.

I'm not hopping to much right?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellion /forum/post/0

As remarked by misterjensen, I posted this exact question in the official 1700/2700 thread, and posted Yamaha's direct response to me, and the answer is NO.

You can get 1080p pass through via component, but what exactly are you going to feed 1080p via component? What TV will accept 1080p via component?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVholic /forum/post/0

This sucks
I was considering this unit for this feature. I guess I'll wait for the next gen of Yamaha receivers to fix all of this minor bugs including the ability to upscale digital signals up to 1080p.

I'm not hopping to much right?

It will be same for most receivers. The owner's manual for most Denons have this clearly documented and Onkyo's do not have enough bandwidth (5hz-50Mhz) to support 1080p over component video, so don't change your mind to buy this receiver only for this issue.

I hope Xbox360 comes up with HDMI connectivity in near future. I don't know if that is my wishful thinking, but it will be the best way to get both 1080p and also HD lossless audio.

·
Registered
839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb Pedis /forum/post/0

You can get 1080p pass through via component, but what exactly are you going to feed 1080p via component? What TV will accept 1080p via component?

Interesting you should ask. Using a Fujitsu PDS-5004 here. I'm not sure when exactly the patch for 1080p on the 360 happened - it may have been part of the software install for the HD-DVD drive - but sure enough, I can select it, and my Denon can pass it through, and the Fujitsu quite unmistakably indicates that it is receiving 1080p/60.

Not that I'm any kind of expert on the subject, but it seems to me that since high analog resolutions are extremely common (think: PC), and component video is also extremely common.. it shouldn't be much of a stretch to anticipate the marriage of the two.

·
Registered
839 Posts

Quote:

I hope Xbox360 comes up with HDMI connectivity in near future. I don't know if that is my wishful thinking, but it will be the best way to get both 1080p and also HD lossless audio.

It's not wishful thinking. There's nothing concrete announced, but there are plans for a 360 with Tivo-like functionality. Reading between the lines a bit, one might also expect a larger HDD, the anticipated cooler CPU, and of course the only advantage the PS3 has ever had over the 360: HDMI. All of these upgrades can be implemented transparently to the existing console iterations (and probably ultimately at the same price as the current "pro" package, thanks to reduced costs), satisfying the market for such things without forcing everything down the consumers' throats. I think that HDMI is too important for it to be ignored, if there's going to be a new version of the 360 anyway.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmino /forum/post/0

It's not wishful thinking. There's nothing concrete announced, but there are plans for a 360 with Tivo-like functionality. Reading between the lines a bit, one might also expect a larger HDD, the anticipated cooler CPU, and of course the only advantage the PS3 has ever had over the 360: HDMI. All of these upgrades can be implemented transparently to the existing console iterations (and probably ultimately at the same price as the current "pro" package, thanks to reduced costs), satisfying the market for such things without forcing everything down the consumers' throats. I think that HDMI is too important for it to be ignored, if there's going to be a new version of the 360 anyway.

I thought the 1080p was only available through the VGA connection

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb Pedis /forum/post/0

As remarked by misterjensen, I posted this exact question in the official 1700/2700 thread, and posted Yamaha's direct response to me, and the answer is NO.

My Sharp Aquos LCD will accept 1080p over component.

·
Registered
719 Posts
What about the VSX-84? Will it accept the 60hz signal over component? My PRO-FHD1 only accepts 1080p/24 over component but over HDMI it will accept 1080p/60. If I bought the 84 would I then be able to utilize 1080p by connecting component to the 84 and HDMI to the FHD1?

·
Registered
12,140 Posts
Component cables CAN pass 1080p signals through them, however this is not allowed thanks to laws passed by the entertainment industry. On the 360, only games (not movies) can be viewed through componenet to 1080p (assuming you have an HDTV that supports 1080p). If your TV has a VGA port, then you can view 1080p (movies, games, etc) via the XBOX 360's HD VGA cable (thankfully their was a loophole in the law that grandfathered in VGA).

Otherwise you may have to wait unitl the 360 supports HDMI (which if you read the rumor sites appears to be within the next 6 months or so).

·
Registered
34 Posts
OK need to clear this up since I'm about to buy a receiver for my set up (2807 or RXV1700)

I have an Xbox 360. I have a 52" samsung 1080pTV. Can i plug my component HD from the Xbox 360 into the receiver, and then send it component HD to the TV? or do i have to do straight to the TV?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebeing /forum/post/0

OK need to clear this up since I'm about to buy a receiver for my set up (2807 or RXV1700)

I have an Xbox 360. I have a 52" samsung 1080pTV. Can i plug my component HD from the Xbox 360 into the receiver, and then send it component HD to the TV? or do i have to do straight to the TV?

You need to first confirm the Samsung can accept 1080p via component. Most displays do not.

If it does, either way should work, as the Yamaha *should* pass it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.