AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help. I have my 360 networked with my media center PC. The problem is the 360 won't show any of my media that is stored on my D: drive. Anything on the C: drive displays fine. When I got to my PC and open media center everything is there as it should be. I have everything shared that needs to be. All the ports have been opened and none of the files are drm protected. All music was ripped to wma format and the video's are wmv. Is the 360 not able to see any drive other then your C: drive. All updates have been done also. Anyone know what to do here.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmstyle
I'm looking for some help. I have my 360 networked with my media center PC. The problem is the 360 won't show any of my media that is stored on my D: drive. Anything on the C: drive displays fine. When I got to my PC and open media center everything is there as it should be. I have everything shared that needs to be. All the ports have been opened and none of the files are drm protected. All music was ripped to wma format and the video's are wmv. Is the 360 not able to see any drive other then your C: drive. All updates have been done also. Anyone know what to do here.
I had to actually readd folders to my Z drive (from the 360), so that the xb360 could see those files.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what your meaning could you explain a bit more

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can add files in windows media connect from another drive. Just hit add. You can also make a shortcut to the target files in one of the files which is already shared with WMC.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I think you're talking about the MCE Extender as opposed to the Media blades using Windows Media Connect on the PC right?

I have just recently started to play with more of the functions of the MCE 2k5 Extender on the 360 as opposed to the plain Media Connect/360 Blade method.

One thing that I did notice is that after I added new folders to be viewed in MCE on the HTPC, those same folders sometimes do not show directly on the 360's extender. This applied to music, pictures, and video.

What I had to do was to re-add the folders within the MCE 360 extender itself. Just hit info when you're in the music, pictures, video menus and add the new folders. After that, all was well again.

For some reason, I don't think MCE 2K5 communicates or at least updates the 360 immediately when new folders have been added within MCE.

A similar problem occured for me on the 360 media blade where a new subfolder was created within the currently shared folder. The album did not show up until a couple days later within the 360 music blade. But for some reason all of my addition of .m3u playlist files have been instantaneous.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourDoor
I think you're talking about the MCE Extender as opposed to the Media blades using Windows Media Connect on the PC right?

I have just recently started to play with more of the functions of the MCE 2k5 Extender on the 360 as opposed to the plain Media Connect/360 Blade method.

One thing that I did notice is that after I added new folders to be viewed in MCE on the HTPC, those same folders sometimes do not show directly on the 360's extender. This applied to music, pictures, and video.

What I had to do was to re-add the folders within the MCE 360 extender itself. Just hit info when you're in the music, pictures, video menus and add the new folders. After that, all was well again.

For some reason, I don't think MCE 2K5 communicates or at least updates the 360 immediately when new folders have been added within MCE.

A similar problem occured for me on the 360 media blade where a new subfolder was created within the currently shared folder. The album did not show up until a couple days later within the 360 music blade. But for some reason all of my addition of .m3u playlist files have been instantaneous.
Thanks didn't notice the info button on the remote I knew I overlooked something. Well everything works and shows up now. Just wish I could figure out why my xbox and computer freeze sometimes while browsing thru my media on the 360. Hope its a bug that will be fixed soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.