AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a question, i have 2 xbox 360s , one in the livin room and one in the bedroom, if i buy an arcade game in my living room xbox 360, can i transfer the game with a memory card to my bedroom xbox 360? i dont plan on playing online in my bedroom tv as its not connected to the internet(i dont want to pay for xbox 360 for a second 360 and i dont want to buy a second wireless adapter, yea, the 360 is too far from the router.. )

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
In order to be able to play on the second 360, you'll also have to transfer whatever Gamertag the games were bought with AND sign on to Xbox live to be able to play anything but the demo, unless you got to the official site and have the licenses transferred over to the new system. This is counterproductive as it makes the old Xbox unusable again, unless you do it again.

If you really wanna play Arcade games on the bedroom 360, bring it out JUST for the Arcade games. Hook it up to the living room, put whatever tag you're using to buy the games with on the bedroom 360, and just download them on that Xbox. Of course, it'll only work for the new games you buy.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I always forget how the licensing works with multiple XBOX's (and if the games are tied to the console or just the gamertag).

I think (don't quote me on this), you only need to sign in with your gamertag and be connected to Live. Thus you should be able to just grab your adapter from one XBOX, put it on the other, then transfer your gamertag and sign in, and you'd be good to go (having to re-download the stuff of course)

Of course you will have to transfer your gamertag back to the original XBOX again to be able to play them on that box.

But once it's done, it would just be a matter of moving the wireless adapter back and forth and transferring your gamertag from one box to the other and back again. Even if you bought a second wireless adapter, you'd still have to transfer the gamertag back and forth.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts