AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
The component video cable should be just fine and produce the same quality. However, it doesn't hurt to know what TV you will be using.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's kind of up to you, if you want to spend the extra $40 for a potentially marginal improvement. How big is your screen? If you have a large display, VGA will make a difference over component, but it's still analog so there's not going to be a huge leap like with DVI or HDMI.

·
Registered
447 Posts
youll probably see a little bit better picture, depending on the TV, using VGA. i plan on getting the VGA connection just so it frees up a component input on my TV, but you will still get the 720P or 1080i resolution through component.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
on my set it really depends on the device that is sending out the signal as to what is better , Component or DVI/HDMI.. regardless component and DVI are so close that I doubt anybody would be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a Philips HDTV 26 inch, so its not something massive

i was just woundering which will be the best approach

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and thats the one that comes with the bundle deal which i should be fine with then

but why does it have so many ends, i am sure my tv has only 3 slots for the ends

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSTER
and thats the one that comes with the bundle deal which i should be fine with then

but why does it have so many ends, i am sure my tv has only 3 slots for the ends
It's a multi-purpose cable that does component and composite, as well as analog audio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.