AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent hours researching this and I cannot seem to find a clear answer. I'm shopping for a tv (37"-42") primarily for gaming on my xbox 360 slim with HDMI port (for 1080p gaming). I've noticed that cod black ops supports 1080p, but I can also save literally $200 by going with a 720p LCD.

So is it worth it? Will I see a difference at all?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You WILL see a difference, but not as huge of a difference as if you would if you went with a larger screen (47-plus).

If I were you I would spend the extra cash and go 1080p, so you can enjoy blu-ray and any other full HD experience.

Peace in the Middle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but to be honest, I will NEVER watch bluray on this TV. It is strictly for gaming and occasional HD programming.

I heard that black ops is actually upscaled so it looks the same as 720p even on a 1080p set?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, if you are only using it for gaming (360) and HD programming then the 720p will be fine and you shouldn't notice a very big difference at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I've been reading up on Dynex (best buy brand) and it's getting a ton of positive reviews. Initially I ignored it as a potential purchase, but then I started noticing that every one of their tv's in different sizes, resolutions, etc. were getting amazing reviews. And these tv's are generally a couple hundred cheaper than the big name brands.

Any thoughts on that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts