AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're only getting 480i through RGB and 720p through HDMI... I though that you could get 720p through RGB... are we missing something?

Also, if I use HDMI to connect the 360 and the DT 510, how do I get the audio from it?!

· Registered
387 Posts
you either run the hdmi through an AV receiver first and output the video through the AV receiver to the projector, or you have to buy Microsoft's HDMI adapter kit. This wiill allow you to send the video from the xbox to the projector and ouput audio through the included cables or through an optical cable. The kit costs about 50 bucks I think.

· Registered
16,947 Posts
Sounds like when you refer to RGB you are actually meaning Component ( red , green and blue cables) and not RGB (VGA) . RGB (VGA) will not do 480i , it is 480p and up . If you are only getting 480i via Component then you have not set the switch on the cable to HD (plus obviously adjusting the resolution setting in the 360 menu) .

- Jason

· Registered
13 Posts
Dagamepimp is correct - check your settings in the 360 menus and the switch on the cable itself. I run component video from my 360 to my DT-510 and it receives a 720p signal. I think it tries to output 480i by default. I know I had to change the setting to get a high def signal.

· Registered
2,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian7724 /forum/post/15410376

We're only getting 480i through RGB and 720p through HDMI... I though that you could get 720p through RGB... are we missing something?

Also, if I use HDMI to connect the 360 and the DT 510, how do I get the audio from it?!

I've had my Mitsubishi HC3000 running via RGB from my 360 for quite some time now. HD-DVD's look great.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/15411133

Sounds like when you refer to RGB you are actually meaning Component ( red , green and blue cables) and not RGB (VGA) . RGB (VGA) will not do 480i , it is 480p and up . If you are only getting 480i via Component then you have not set the switch on the cable to HD (plus obviously adjusting the resolution setting in the 360 menu) .

- Jason

That's just it, I was doing that. I set the cable to HD TV and went to settings and by default it did 480i which is fine, then I switched the 360 to 720p and it flashed quickly once or twice, then went back to 480i....

I have the 360 Elite, but I doubt that would make any difference.

Also, I plugged in a Sharp Blu-ray player into the DT510 via HDMI and the Projector reported 1080p! How is that possible?! That has to be a mistake right?

And yes, I meant the Component .. I guess I thought RGB stood for Red Green and Blue... very confusing stuff, but yes, I'm using the component connector for the 360 that has the little switch on it which says SD or HDTV.

· Registered
16,947 Posts
Have you tried another source at 720p through the Component connection ?

As far as I know the DT-510 should have no issues with 720p via Component but if you can use HDMI you should have better results than Component anyway (HDMI will usually look a bit better than Component) .

The 1080p being reported is the incoming signal , many 720p displays/projectors allow a 1080p signal and then they down scale it to their native 720p resolution .

- Jason

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/15415007

Have you tried another source at 720p through the Component connection ?

As far as I know the DT-510 should have no issues with 720p via Component but if you can use HDMI you should have better results than Component anyway (HDMI will usually look a bit better than Component) .

The 1080p being reported is the incoming signal , many 720p displays/projectors allow a 1080p signal and then they down scale it to their native 720p resolution .

- Jason

I have not... I will try the PS3 tonight if I still can't get it to work.

True, HDMI would be fine, but I'd have to buy that 360 adapter thing to make it so I can have audio go to the receiver and the HDMI goto HDMI... but thats 50 bucks I don't need to spend, then I'd need a HDMI splitter as well... gets spendy.

· Registered
16,947 Posts
You can just pop the outer plastic cover off an existing 360 cable that has the optical connection , I have not had any reason to do it myself as of yet but many people have done it and say it is pretty simple

- Jason

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/15416071

You can just pop the outer plastic cover off an existing 360 cable that has the optical connection , I have not had any reason to do it myself as of yet but many people have done it and say it is pretty simple

- Jason

Yes, I did see that guide and it does look pretty simple. Its probably what I will end up doing if I can't get the component to work....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.