AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vizio 32" plasma screen tv and ive got the settings for the tv, now i just need to know what to set the display settings at on the xbox 360 itself. Please help if you can.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts
Haven't you already gotten enough help and links to the information you need in the other two threads you started?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the settings for the tv, now im looking for what to set the display settings at within the xbox 360

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think you know what im looking for. if you go into the xbox settings, it will give you display options from the xbox 360 itself. thats what im trying to find now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got those set up, but what about the color? i know the middle setting is intermediate and thats what in using now.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Don't mess with that. That isn't for color it's for blacks, you don't have to mess with it. Leave it at standard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are you sure, because with intermediate i get a more darker color picture, (and its even darker with advanced) which makes it look more crisp in my opinion but i like the insight so keep it coming.

·
Registered
28,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennon /forum/post/15554144

are you sure, because with intermediate i get a more darker color picture, (and its even darker with advanced) which makes it look more crisp in my opinion but i like the insight so keep it coming.

That setting is only suppose to be used for VGA connections (per Microsoft). If it is connected to VGA or you do want to play with it, set it to what you like based on what you see. Why set it to what someone on here says, its not like it will blow up or something. If you change it and like it, keep it.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
How are you connecting the Xbox? If it's via HDMI, I'd set it to output ypbpr. If VGA, probably use expanded reference levels. Intermediate is very rarely the right choice.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennon /forum/post/15555368

I'm using a hdmi cable, and not sure if im set up with vga........

With HDMI, have it output ypbpr. That will give you the correct levels without having to mess around with anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im using hdmi, and put it on the expanded reference level. is that ok? and where is the output ypbpr? on the xbox it's YcByr and there's two of them with the same letters and different numbers after them

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennon /forum/post/15561260

Im using hdmi, and put it on the expanded reference level. is that ok? and where is the output ypbpr? on the xbox it's YcByr and there's two of them with the same letters and different numbers after them

What are the numbers, something like 4:4:4 or 4:2:2? 4:4:4 should be the best choice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts