AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North American retailer Electronics Boutique, which expects Microsoft to ship the Xbox 360 as early as November 2, 2005 for an MSRP of $299.99, has comprised a complete, albeit questionable, list of X360 games for the console launch, IGN learned today from several EB outlets.

The list IGN acquired from EB retailers today features 21 launch titles, including three first-party games from Microsoft Game Studios -- Perfect Dark LE (i.e. Limited Edition), Kameo: Elements of Power, and Project Gotham Racing 3, approximate pricing, and sku numbers for every game.

Microsoft representatives officially re-confirmed with IGN today Rare titles Perfect Dark and Kameo would definitely launch day and date with the system, echoing Vice President Peter Moore's comments prior to E3. "PGR3 should launch with the system, if everything works according to plan," said a Microsoft representative. "But those first two (Perfect Dark and Kameo) are our big pushes for day one."

The full list, posted here alphabetically, includes:

Amped 3 (2K Games)

Call of Duty 2 (Activision)

Condemned (Sega)

Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)

Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)

Full Auto (Sega)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft)

Gun (Activision)

Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)

Madden NFL 06 (EA)

NBA 2K6 (2K Games)

NHL 2K6 (2K Games)

The Outfit (THQ)

Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)

Quake 4 (Activision)

Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)

Saints Row (THQ)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

There were noticeable mistakes, however. The Godfather, for instance, was still listed as a launch title, even though EA officially announced its delay until Q1 2006. Too Human Part 1 was included, and Microsoft officially told IGN that was incorrect (duh). It also listed Burnout Revenge as a launch title, even though EA confirmed with IGN that a version of Burnout Revenge wouldn't appear until 2006.

Xbox 360 second wave launch titles, which EB has scheduled for November 16, include the majority of Electronic Arts' games:

Burnout Revenge

FIFA Soccer 06

Peter Jackson's King Kong

NBA Live 06

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Namco's Frame City Killer is listed as releasing November 19, 2005.

EB's own data includes a $59.99 price for every Xbox 360 game, except one, Kameo, which listed at $49.99. The retailer told IGN that software prices weren't fixed yet, as Microsoft, third-party publishers, and presumably North American retailers hash out final prices.

EB even has Halo 3 listed as shipping July 1, 2006, presumably the same day as Sony's PlayStation 3.

So what launch games are you planning to buy???

·
Banned
4,104 Posts

The Outfit (THQ)

Quake 4 (Activision)

If these games all retail for $60 I will probably hold off on "The Outfit" until reviews come in.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The Outfit (THQ)

I wish some more stuff would come out for The Outfit..the game looks real fun, kind of like Sarges Hero's in HD. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmmm, looks like I'll continue to take a wait and see. Only three that really interest me, and one of those (ES IV) will be out on PC.

Still for people that enjoy the types of games on the list, it does look like a fairly solid launch line-up.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Full Auto (Sega)

Madden NFL 06 (EA)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

will all be mine :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter will NOT be out at launch. Seen in developer's interview that it's slated at earliest December 05, but more likely, early 06.

Jasman

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'll pick up Perfect Dark and NBA 2k6. I'll hold off on Madden 06 until I see the reviews. I have a feeling that Madden 06 is going to be the same ole EA ****e.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasman
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter will NOT be out at launch. Seen in developer's interview that it's slated at earliest December 05, but more likely, early 06.

Jasman

Ok, I edited my initial post and put .....I hope!!! Lets see if this list expands or contracts the closer we get, I'll edit as things change. Alot of Big announcments are going to be made at the Japanese convention in Sept and X05 (Week 1 October) in Amsterdam.

·
Registered
447 Posts
as much as i want to get 3 or 4 games at the launch, i dont know how much of a reality shock im going to get come that time.

$350-(estimated) console

$180-$60x3 for games

$40-(guess)controller for 2 player games

$25-VGA Cable?

Im just guessing on those accessory prices obviously, but $600 is a lot to plunk down in one shot. obviously we are all set up differently financially, but i may have to suck it up and just get one, MAYBE 2 games, i dont know, but i dont know if i want to drop $600 in one shot on something like this.

of course, my stance could totally change once that console is in my hands the debit card is calling my name.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm turning 30 on December 24th, this will be my early birthday/christmas present to myself.

Damn, even I'm giving myself combo gifts now.

·
Registered
688 Posts

Full Auto (Sega)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Oh thats going to be an expeensive day,

Must have:

Condemned (Sega)

Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)

Quake 4 (Activision)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'll be getting Perfect Dark Zero, and possibly PGR3 if I've got the extra cash. Will definitely pick up Madden and Ghost Recon if they get good reviews and look really nice. I'm going to get Call of Duty 2 for whichever platform has better graphics, PC or 360.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Madden

Tiger Woods

Burnout Revenge

Oblivion will probably be a pc buy with all the add-ons. But I'm not certain of this one yet.

Rest based on reviews and such.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasman

Jasman
Link? I would love for this to be the case so I don't spend so much money at launch, but I have never heard anything about a launch slip for this title.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.