AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is possible.

The Xbox 360 if I remember correctly has a VGA cable available for purchase, but I'm assuming with built in you won't be able to use that. Or possibly if there's would be a connector you could purchase OR you could wire it yourself, shouldn't be too hard.

Otherwise you can get a component to vga box. I personally own this one . I use it for my Wii and it works fine, assuming the game is 480p.

Here's a guide/review . Read that and decide yourself ig you want the product. It's ugly, yes, but it's small and one of the cheaper ones, I just hide mine and never have to see it.

It also comes with a cable into which you can stick the two audio sources, this can be used as an extension lead for the audio or if you want you can hook a normal two-pc speakers up to it.

If you don't get that go ahead and ask for a photo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah ill look into it, but since my monitor has the built in cable, which has a male vga end, would i be able to get a gender changer that would change the end to female so i could plug in my xbox vga cable?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsMetroid /forum/post/0

Yeah ill look into it, but since my monitor has the built in cable, which has a male vga end, would i be able to get a gender changer that would change the end to female so i could plug in my xbox vga cable?

Actually, you don't need to get one. The cable actually comes with both a gender changer and an RCA-to-mini-stereo plug adapter, so you should be all set right out of the box.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPyramidThing /forum/post/0

Actually, you don't need to get one. The cable actually comes with both a gender changer and an RCA-to-mini-stereo plug adapter, so you should be all set right out of the box.

Red pyramid is right, buy the VGA cable and it comes with the male/female adapter plus it makes your 360 an upscaling DVD player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.