AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playing Lego Batman on my Xbox 360 last night, I had a complete lockup in one level (Twoface Chase; Chapter 4). Reboot, replay, same lockup. Delete hard drive install and play from disc; all is fine.

Haven't dug any deeper, but has anyone seen or heard about problems using the play-from-harddrive feature?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Certain titles are officially 'not recommended for installation', including Halo 3 and Crackdown. You should search around and see if anyone else has had issues with your Lego game, or if Microsoft has blacklisted it. So far I've had zero problems [knock on wood] with Gears of War 2, Oblivion, and Rock Band 2 installed/played from hard drive...

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/15484554

I played through all of Lego Batman off the hard drive and didn't have any problems.

Same here.

However, I do have some random slow downs here and there, but they are never duplicated. Just random.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
My son and I had two lockups on the exact same level. However, the first one was pre-installation (just got the game and was impatient) and the second one was post-installation. Regardless, it wasn't the installation causing the problem. Must be a glitch in the game.

We had no lockups the third time playing that level, and have not had any since.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sirjonsnow - interesting. Did you play single player or co-op? We're playing co-op, which might change things.

mproper -- misery loves company
Maybe I'll reinstall to the drive and try again.

mguy5 - is there a site to report errors to MS or developers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/15484358

do you really have to start a new thread?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1086793

Yes, I really did. Vitally important. And that thread says nothing about my question, nor did it come up in the AVS auto-title check.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan /forum/post/15490449

sirjonsnow - interesting. Did you play single player or co-op? We're playing co-op, which might change things.

We were playing co-op if that matters. And as I said, we got the lockup pre-installation. I thought installing it would fix it, but then got the lockup again anyways. The third time we decided to take a different "route" and I think we went down at the first intersection instead of up. I have no idea if that helped or not, but it didn't lock up.

Also, if it's any consolation I did a google for "lego batman locks up" and several people are complaining...in fact the first post is about the lockup in the same place on the Wii version.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan /forum/post/15490449

mguy5 - is there a site to report errors to MS or developers?

Yes, I really did. Vitally important. And that thread says nothing about my question, nor did it come up in the AVS auto-title check.

What are you talking about? That thread is for problems installing games on the hard drive and for games installed on the hard drives that are having problems. I made it so we could have any problems all in one place. In the future you might want to do a real seach next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts