AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the mits wd60c9, the 3d adapter and the 4g xbox (came out in aug).


Problem: I can't change the display mode on the xbox to 720p in settings. It stays at 1080p. I've tried all other display modes but it won't change.



What I've done so far:

1. Tried changing the display mode after it's plugged in through the adapter and won't change at all.


2. Plugged the 360 directly into the tv and changed it to 720. Then plugged 360 into adapter.---Problem here is the screen flickers, goes off, comes on, goes off, etc.


3. I called mitsubishi service and the guy said he doesn't really have any info about the xbox and the adapter as most people are calling about the ps3.



So, I'm stuck here. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for the help as I've spent a couple days googling this to no avail.



Edit: maybe I'm retarded and don't need to change it from 1080p to 720p but it says I do on a couple websites in order to get the 3d effect and I read here you need it changed as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 3d mode is set to left/right?


I just tried again with different 1.4a cables and I can't get anything to work. The video display won't change to 720 when plugged in. Tried to play campaign on 1080p mode and left/right and up/down and the image won't display properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Plug directly to your tv, set to 1080p, leave it alone. I rented black ops and set the console to 720p (why? Idk but it was pointless.) and had to unplug from the adapter and go directly to the tv to get it back to 1080p.


I made a post in the cod page warning people to not change their resolution because it was a headache and didn't serve any purpose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily /forum/post/19570753


Plug directly to your tv, set to 1080p, leave it alone. I rented black ops and set the console to 720p (why? Idk but it was pointless.) and had to unplug from the adapter and go directly to the tv to get it back to 1080p.


I made a post in the cod page warning people to not change their resolution because it was a headache and didn't serve any purpose.

I have to plug into the adapter to get the 3d as the model isn't this years but last. If it works on 1080, it works then. Maybe I was just expecting more out of it like a movie.


I'll go check out that thread too. Thanks for the answers guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade123 /forum/post/0



I have to plug into the adapter to get the 3d as the model isn't this years but last. If it works on 1080, it works then. Maybe I was just expecting more out of it like a movie.


I'll go check out that thread too. Thanks for the answers guys.

I have to go through the adapter as well. I have a 65736. Its not necessary to change your resolution from 1080p. It's a headache to get it back. Mine locked to 720p and I had to unhook from the adapter, go direct to tv, change back to 1080 and then rehook through adapter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, unplugging was what I was doing as well in order to change resolutions.


It just doesn't seem to be going into 3d. I normally just play multiplayer but I tried playing campaign and it still didn't work. I set 3d on and reverse on the tv. On the adapter I hit 3d on and mode: sbs and the picture gets all messed up and doesn't fix itself. The only way it will display properly is 3d mode: normal. However, it's not 3d.


I read through the black ops thread and it seems the sights are supposed to stick out of the tv and add depth. However, I'm not getting anything like that. It's just regular 2d (I'm playing in 3d mode: normal). I watched a couple movies this past weekend on it so I know it's set up properly with regards to source input, output, etc. The movies were also set as sbs too. I also have no receiver to deal with so it's just 360->adapter->tv.


I'm sorry to keep asking this of you and I really appreciate your responses as this is driving me crazy, but could you tell me your settings. Thank you for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade123 /forum/post/19571378


yeah, unplugging was what I was doing as well in order to change resolutions.


It just doesn't seem to be going into 3d. I normally just play multiplayer but I tried playing campaign and it still didn't work. I set 3d on and reverse on the tv. On the adapter I hit 3d on and mode: sbs and the picture gets all messed up and doesn't fix itself. The only way it will display properly is 3d mode: normal. However, it's not 3d.


I read through the black ops thread and it seems the sights are supposed to stick out of the tv and add depth. However, I'm not getting anything like that. It's just regular 2d (I'm playing in 3d mode: normal). I watched a couple movies this past weekend on it so I know it's set up properly with regards to source input, output, etc. The movies were also set as sbs too. I also have no receiver to deal with so it's just 360->adapter->tv.


I'm sorry to keep asking this of you and I really appreciate your responses as this is driving me crazy, but could you tell me your settings. Thank you for your help.

Go into the game options. Tell the game to be in 3d. The game will now be side by side on the xbox. Turn 3d mode on on your tv. Take that tiny little remote that came with your adapter and push mode until you get to the side by side function. Now you will have the double image for 3d. Turn your glasses on. It should be working. Have you ever watched a video that was side by side from youtube? It will get set up just like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily /forum/post/19572219


Go into the game options. Tell the game to be in 3d.

Well, it is official. I am a moron
. I completely forgot about going into options and changing the settings. Thanks for the help spoodily. I probably would have never figured it out.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top