AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just got a brand new XBox 360 HD DVD drive and bought a few titles. Unfortunately I found a few Warner Brother's titles aren't working on the DVD as they say it's unreadable but there's no physical sign of damage on the disc. The titles are:

Full Metal Jacket (Special Edition)

Blade Runner (5 HD DVD set, all of them won't play)

The Ultimate Matrix trilogy though Reloaded plays, no problems.

Anyone suggest what a possible solution might be. I've already installed the recent updates. Additionally I also bought Payback and the HD DVD combo of Letters from Iwo Jima which plays fine. None of the freezes and stuttering I was warned about from combo titles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best.

FAQ

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the xbox 360 add on and full metal jacket plays and all the blade runner discs do. the matrix movies do have a problem. the first one works fine, but I have to put the third one in odrer to make the seoncd play as strange as it sounds. sometimes they do play from the first attempt.

·
Registered
13,777 Posts
Is your xbox 360 connected to internet? If not, you need to do so in order to download updates to HD DVD playback software. Many combo discs are known to be problematic of various players.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
try boiling your disc in hot water

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I re-attached and re-started the HD DVD add on and all the flicks now work fine on it... except Full Metal Jacket. I'm sending it back to Play. It's the second disc that's been defective.

The Matrix HD DVD's look stunning as does Letters from Iwo Jima. Pity the format is dead as I'd loved to have seen some classic releases such as Ben Hur or Lawrence of Arabia.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
you will see those....but they'll be in a differen't format. Blu-ray disc.

Lawrence Of Arabia IIRC is a sony pictures owned title, so it would have never seen the light of day on HDDVD anywho..

glad to see you got some of yoru discs working.

But seriously, no joke....try running your disc under severely hot water and dry it with a micro fiber towel....it fixed a few titles for me and others.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Best advice I can give you if you're having a problem playing a disc is to clear your persistent storage. On the 360 under settings there is an option to view your memory devices it will list the add-on as another storage device, clean that out and try again. This solved issues I had with a few discs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts