AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just seen all the new updates that coming out on the E3 Press Conference, but does anyone know when the 360 will be coming out with their OWN Blu-Ray Player?!?!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Whenever Microsoft sees it financially viable, so probably not until the the xbox '720'.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you serious? that sucks. . . when is the 720 coming out? no time soon probably. How are they supposed to compete with Sony. . .

·
Registered
109 Posts
The "720", "PS4" and "Wii2" are all rumored to be coming out during 2010. No more 8 year runs like the PS2 had. We are down to 3 or 4 and need a new system. As for Bluray, many think Bluray is not going to last due to it not looking a lot better than upconverted DVD. The same reason SACD and HD-Audio failed, CD audio was "good enough" for the majority. I don't think MS wants to get burned again like they did with HD-DVD.

That's my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter /forum/post/14326915

The "720", "PS4" and "Wii2" are all rumored to be coming out during 2010. No more 8 year runs like the PS2 had. We are down to 3 or 4 and need a new system. As for Bluray, many think Bluray is not going to last due to it not looking a lot better than upconverted DVD. The same reason SACD and HD-Audio failed, CD audio was "good enough" for the majority. I don't think MS wants to get burned again like they did with HD-DVD.

That's my 2 pennies.

industry standard is 5-6 year cycles... ms and sony have said countless times they dont want to cut this one short, probably due to turning a profit.

i wouldnt expect xbox 720 until 2011 and the others to follow after that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like Slaughter, my opinion is we won't see an xbox with a

blueray player in it until MS is forced to do it by shear market size. Why give money to Sony? I dont think bluray is really taking off.. Just looking at walamrt they still only have one endcap of blueray disks.. If the market was expanding walmart would be devoting more shelf space to them. I think DVD's are just good enough for 99% of the population.

Mike

·
Registered
404 Posts

Quote:

That's my 2 pennies.

Sony said PS3 for about 10 years.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Quote:

That's my 2 pennies.

no they will be probably shown in 2010 but won't be out until 2011 or 2012

1 - 8 of 8 Posts