AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
very surprised to see only 4 pages about xbox on the forums of avs


just got an xbox 360 elite and i was thinking i would see all kinds of tricks, gadgets, mods, etc, on this forum, but i guess everyone is too busy playing games, yeaaaa


between my brother and i, there are 2 xbox 360s in our home. we are both on the network and xbox live gold subscribers. are there any neat tricks with this type of application?

i know we can communcate with media center pcs on the network

we can of course both game online, send mails, etc

what is a local connection? and how do you do it?

anyway to directly connect the 2 boxes, and any reason why?


i am a noobie to the whole xbox 360 thing, and just wanted to know any tricks, mods, or cool things i can do with my 360.


can you guys share any cool tricks, mods, or uses for the xbox 360?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
You need to change your display option to read all threads. I think the default is only two days of activity. There are several pages.


I'm running XP, so the only "cool" thing I am doing is seamless streaming video and audio, wirelessly, from my laptop and desktop to my 360 to listen to music and watch videos.


There are several ways to connect. I actually found that using Zune software was best. I downloaded Zune on the laptop and desktop, shared the approporiate folders, and bingo, everything worked great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Do you have a router? Just connect both 360's to the router. You can now play system link games. Try halo 3 campaign co op. Separate screens rule. I don't use the media stuff much. I have three 360's connected for multi screen gaming fun.


I would invest in live.

Download the free arcade game undertow before sunday. (it is normally 10$)

Download some demos.

Buy games used.

Don't cheat or quit.

Have fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/12929812


Do you have a router? Just connect both 360's to the router. You can now play system link games. Try halo 3 campaign co op. Separate screens rule. I don't use the media stuff much. I have three 360's connected for multi screen gaming fun.


I would invest in live.

Download the free arcade game undertow before sunday. (it is normally 10$)

Download some demos.

Buy games used.

Don't cheat or quit.

Have fun.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you need 2 copies of Halo to play co op via system link ? I would guess you do. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Yes, you need two copies of anything to play on seperate screens. Buying multiple copies sucks, but having your own screen is sweet. Look for deals and used games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by centking /forum/post/12931106


Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you need 2 copies of Halo to play co op via system link ? I would guess you do. Thanks

Yes, you need a copy of the game for each system that wants to play that game. 3 360s in the house, you need 3 copies of the game, etc......


I have 2 360s' and I've bought double on some of my favorite games so that when friends/family come over we can play so co-op stuff (I hate split screen and have 2 hi-def bigscreens....so trying to make the most of it).

I have 2 live Gold accounts as well.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank u properbostonian i knew there had to be more than 4 pages here


i saw a cool mod where you can do some soldering and change the colors for the controller light ring and even put lights behind the buttons


also seen some cool case mods


guess theres no way to surf the net with the xbox 360?


what device is good for backing up the 360? i plan on storing a lot of music on it.


thanks guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelusmarvcus /forum/post/12943979



guess theres no way to surf the net with the xbox 360?

There is a way to do it but it is slow. I set it up once just to see how it would work. You can search the web to find out how. I forgot now where I read about setting it up. But it is out there. You do not need to mod the box to get it to do this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
I am a hater of split screen. It sounds like you have a great set up. Co op is a blast. What are your favorite co op games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews /forum/post/12931204


Yes, you need a copy of the game for each system that wants to play that game. 3 360s in the house, you need 3 copies of the game, etc......


I have 2 360s' and I've bought double on some of my favorite games so that when friends/family come over we can play so co-op stuff (I hate split screen and have 2 hi-def bigscreens....so trying to make the most of it).

I have 2 live Gold accounts as well.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/12968850


I am a hater of split screen. It sounds like you have a great set up. Co op is a blast. What are your favorite co op games?

My primary co-op game is Rainbow Six: Vegas. I have 5 or so close friends who also have the game and a few of us meet online to play regularly (either the story or terrorist hunt). I bought 2 copies so that whenever my brother is in town and crashing at my place we can play. I've also bought 2 copies of Crackdown as it was one game that I just enjoyed the crap out of......though I haven't played co-op on that one yet.


Most of my friends have done the face-mapping in Rainbow Six so it's cool when we all are playing online and we all see each other as the characters....makes it real easy to know who is doing what
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
I've been curious about crackdown on co op. Same with two worlds, but I have heard it is crappy. I was co op with the xbox, we finished doom3, serious sam2, and a few others including Brute Force. On the 360, I am so happy that 4 person co op is starting to get popular. We have finished halo 3 on legendary with most skulls on. Lots of fun. I havevn't tried rainbow 6. Is it story mode co op, or more like graw2 mission type co op? What is the next 4 person game? I was so sad when they took out the co op feature of area 51.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews /forum/post/12969205


My primary co-op game is Rainbow Six: Vegas. I have 5 or so close friends who also have the game and a few of us meet online to play regularly (either the story or terrorist hunt). I bought 2 copies so that whenever my brother is in town and crashing at my place we can play. I've also bought 2 copies of Crackdown as it was one game that I just enjoyed the crap out of......though I haven't played co-op on that one yet.


Most of my friends have done the face-mapping in Rainbow Six so it's cool when we all are playing online and we all see each other as the characters....makes it real easy to know who is doing what
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/12980180


I havevn't tried rainbow 6. Is it story mode co op, or more like graw2 mission type co op? What is the next 4 person game? I was so sad when they took out the co op feature of area 51.

Rainbow Six: Vegas gives you a choice of mulitplayer.


Co-op Story - You run through the story maps/missions with up to 3 other people. If you set the order (the maps are selectable), it plays out like the single player game but it's you and your friends vs. you and the two semi-controlled computer characters.


Co-op Terrorist Hunt - totally different maps, no respawns and you (and up to 3 others) have a set number of terrorist to hunt down and kill.....before they kill you. They will come after you in this game type. Also some cut-scenes will be missing.


Then all the extra capture, sharpshooter, versus stuff for playing against people.


We (my friends) are all waiting on Rainbow Six:Vegas II coming this spring....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am always looking for more co op games. Sounds fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews /forum/post/12980337


Rainbow Six: Vegas gives you a choice of mulitplayer.


Co-op Story - You run through the story maps/missions with up to 3 other people. If you set the order (the maps are selectable), it plays out like the single player game but it's you and your friends vs. you and the two semi-controlled computer characters.


Co-op Terrorist Hunt - totally different maps, no respawns and you (and up to 3 others) have a set number of terrorist to hunt down and kill.....before they kill you. They will come after you in this game type. Also some cut-scenes will be missing.


Then all the extra capture, sharpshooter, versus stuff for playing against people.


We (my friends) are all waiting on Rainbow Six:Vegas II coming this spring....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,434 Posts
GRAW2 has a rather extensive list of co-op maps as well..you can't co-op the single player game, but that doesn't matter because the single player game basically sucks.


The real fun is playing the terrorist hunts and co-op missions in Multiplayer. I believe this game has the most co-op content available for a game right now on the 360....with the recently released co-op pack that must bring it to..what..15 or so co-op maps to go through, and then probably close to 30 or so terrorist-hunt maps? (Tho a few of those rare just re-lit versions of maps you already had)


???
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top