AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

In the XBox360 HD DVD Pack is a MCE Universald Remote included.

Which IR Receiver is required to control a HTPC ?

Has anyone the setup already running eg with mediaportal ?

Thanks and best regards

·
Registered
104 Posts
First in case you didn't know, the Xbox 360 and the the Microsoft Media Center reciever use the same IR commands. As far as the IR receiver most work with the Media Center remote. The 5.0 version of iMon supports it, the Microsoft receiver (which includes a remote) of course. Ricavision makes a special ehome remote that is much easier to mount, though they are hard to get.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Actually, this is not quite true. I have found that none of the buttons on the XBOX 360 remote work on my installation of Windows Media Center, though I have the ihome IR receiver correctly installed. The biggest problem is that no one knows how to map the A, B and X, Y buttons on the XBOX remote to buttons on the MCE remote. If I knew how to do this, I'd be really happy since I use an XBOX 360 HD DVD drive to play HD DVDs on my PC

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Correct the Xbox360 remote WON'T work with MCE on a PC. However the opposite is true for the 360, you can take your MCE remote and control the 360 with it.

- Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.