AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought the Toshiba 20HL67 a few months ago and just recently, an Xbox 360 with a VGA cable.

Well when I plug it in and get everything set up, it looks really, really bad. I also am not even able to hear anything even though I plugged in the audio part.

Anyone have a solution to these problems? Much thanks.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Did you set the resolution to 1360x768? It should look fantastic! It would help if you were more specific with the exact problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You talking about on the Xbox doing that? Or the actual TV?

Edit: And that's about as exact as I can get. I'll take a picture to show you.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You set the resolution (and Black reference level) on the System Blade of the 360 (at the extreme right). You need to verify (in the TV manual) that the display will accept higher-than XGA resolution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right I knew about that, and yes it does.

I forgot, I can't SEE the picture, but I can HEAR it. My bad.

Edit: I also just found the manual and it's the 20HLV86 version.. I'm starting to think there is no hope for this POS.

·
Registered
16,554 Posts
Do you have an old PC monitor lying around that you can hook it up to so that you can change the resolution and then hook it back up to the Toshiba ?

--- Jason

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
So your VGA port is configured to a resolution the display can't handle?

No problem:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.

2. Turn the console off.

3. Turn the console on.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.

4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.

5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.

If that doesn't work the link has a blind step-by-step guide to the dashboard configuration.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDidiott /forum/post/12861423

Well I bought the Toshiba 20HL67 a few months ago and just recently, an Xbox 360 with a VGA cable.

Well when I plug it in and get everything set up, it looks really, really bad. I also am not even able to hear anything even though I plugged in the audio part.

Anyone have a solution to these problems? Much thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDidiott /forum/post/12863084

Right I knew about that, and yes it does.

I forgot, I can't SEE the picture, but I can HEAR it. My bad.

Edit: I also just found the manual and it's the 20HLV86 version.. I'm starting to think there is no hope for this POS.

wut

·
Registered
16,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/12865413

So your VGA port is configured to a resolution the display can't handle?

No problem:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.

2. Turn the console off.

3. Turn the console on.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.

4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.

5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.

If that doesn't work the link has a blind step-by-step guide to the dashboard configuration.

Nice , first I have ever heard of that and good to know .

--- Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts