AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering....what is the best current connection for the 360? I had my 360 hooked up to my 30" Sony CRT HD CRT TV via component and it looked great. I am in the process of trying to get a Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w3 and was going to hook it up via VGA. Currently I have the 360 hooked up to my Dell 2407 via VGA and it looks kinda crappy as compared the Sony. Not sure if its just a problem with the monitor or if component is the better way to go. From what I heard 1080p output is only possible via the VGA cable....any truths to that?

· Registered
1,135 Posts
No, component can, but upscaling dvd's can only be done via VGA, although your question of which is better, is just up to personal prefernce. there's a couple of long threads here of people comparing VGA - Component qualities on their tv's. do a search and check it out, it might help.

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns /forum/post/0

No, component can, but upscaling dvd's can only be done via VGA, although your question of which is better, is just up to personal prefernce. there's a couple of long threads here of people comparing VGA - Component qualities on their tv's. do a search and check it out, it might help.

cool, thanks. ill definately check it out!

· Registered
698 Posts
does anyone know why it cant do it over component and just VGA? is it a technological question

is there a good reason for this or is M$ just being a-holes

· Registered
38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftkidney /forum/post/0

does anyone know why it cant do it over component and just VGA? is it a technological question

is there a good reason for this or is M$ just being a-holes

Are you talking about upconverting DVDs via Component? It isn't a m$ thing, it's and HDCP thing.

Some interesting information:
http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/infoID.35/qx/info.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Ba...ent_Protection

Why it is allowed over VGA, I am not sure... I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with those that have HD Projectors, and only have a VGA input, so they were exempt from the HDCP stuff. Anyhow, if anybody knows the real story, would like to hear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.