·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone excited about the Xbox 360?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I sure am..... Altho I read an article that said even though it will have HD-DVD in it, it will be for games not movies. But I predict that that will change.

Is it supposed to have wireless controllers?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflanagan
I sure am..... Altho I read an article that said even though it will have HD-DVD in it, it will be for games not movies. But I predict that that will change.

Is it supposed to have wireless controllers?
I'm pretty sure that 360 will not support HD-DVD. It is only going to be standard DVD with a 12x read optical drive.

Yes, it will come with one wireless controller.

I'm planning on buying one with a hard drive.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofboy
how about PS3
Yes, getting the PS3 also. This time around though, I'm not going to get a Nintendo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey guys,

The X Box 360 will have the HD DVD drive, but the HD DVD drives will not be in the first group on systems made. An article I read recently stated that Microsoft just joined the HD DVD camp.

PS3 of course will have the Blue-Ray.

I'm in the Game Cube group.

TOM

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
there is no HD-DVD in the Xbox 360, the same way there are two versions now (premium and core) Gates said there might be a version in the future that might support one of the two next generation movie disks.

The PS3 will have a blu-ray (blu has no e) and will play movies

htnutz: there is no HD-DVD group, HD-DVD belongs to the DVD forum, in the DVD forum there is a small task force called the HD-DVD promotion group, but they are just a promotion group, the big news is that MS is willing to make a customversion of windows CE for Toshiba to use as the OS of their HD-DVD player

·
Registered
108 Posts
It sucks that they won't start off by selling 360's with the HD-DVD players, but then again, the majority of games easily fit on a dual-layer DVD-9 right now.

·
Registered
798 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htnutz
Hey guys,

The X Box 360 will have the HD DVD drive, but the HD DVD drives will not be in the first group on systems made. An article I read recently stated that Microsoft just joined the HD DVD camp.

PS3 of course will have the Blue-Ray.

I'm in the Game Cube group.

TOM

I agree. I believe the 360 MAY be sold in an as of yet un-named 'Super-Ultra-Premium Edition' ( :D ) , with one of the 2 primary high definition disc technologies, either blu ray or HD-DVD. It may even have additional capabilities such as (webtv style) interent surfing, and iptv readiness. However, if we do get this 'Super-Ultra-Premium Edition, i would not expect to see it until November of 2006 or 2007 at the earliest.

What group am I in?

I'm in the XB/PS2/GC/PC/360/PS3/NinRev group!

:p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetGod
I agree. I believe the 360 MAY be sold in an as of yet un-named 'Super-Ultra-Premium Edition' ( :D ) , with one of the 2 primary high definition disc technologies, either blu ray or HD-DVD. It may even have additional capabilities such as (webtv style) interent surfing, and iptv readiness. However, if we do get this 'Super-Ultra-Premium Edition, i would not expect to see it until November of 2006 or 2007 at the earliest.

What group am I in?

I'm in the XB/PS2/GC/PC/360/PS3/NinRev group!

:p
It won't be blu-ray that's for sure......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Xbox 360 is going to be fantastic. I can't wait for it to get here and all the awesome online games it will have in full surround sound...yummy.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife910
im getting one on the release date GEARS OF WAR looks awesome
FYI.. Gears of War is slated to be release next year, not release day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.