AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking around and reading for, quite literaly, years now, I have a new home with a great basement room that can be light controlled.

I am leaning heavily towards a CRT for cost/quality reasons.

I will also admit this, I like playing XBOX (sports mostly). I have read "never use a CRT with video game systems" or "its OK to use them sometimes".

I could see playing a fair amount of XBOX on this thing - by this I don't mean 4 hours a day. But maybe on a Sunday or Saturday playing 2 hours of football. Can anyone tell me - is it silly for me to get a CRT? Is there anything I can do to help the situation - like get a specific CRT or a special feature I should be looking for? Are there any people here who play similar amounts and have experienced problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
I've been playing gamecube with my son on my NEc XG for a while now. I've been looking at the screens carefully, and there's very little if any stationary portions of the screen, so burn in is not an issue.

I have found that I have to punch of the brightness and contrast for the dark races with MarioKart though (so we can see the track), so I monitor how long we actualy play those.

I can't see even that being a problem.

Curt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.