AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a PC capable of playing the PC version, but I do have a few questions related to the XBOX demo of BF2.

1) How do you use the parachute? I have jumped (and died) out of a number of helo's and tried every game controller combo I could think of. Followup, once I can deploy a chute I probably can use the controller to guide myself?? Any hints on doing this?

2) How do you re-configure a tank to have something other than the 120mm?

I have seen folks run around with a couple other tank configs, but again all the button and joystick mashing I could think of at the tanks base, both inside and outside the tank didn't change anything.

3) There appears to be no offline play ability. Sooooo in order to practice with the helo, I am afraid I have destroyed a lot of good hardware. :)

There is no way to practice via XBOX live is there? I doubt it but want to make sure I didn't overlook it.

3) How do you turn down the announcer volume. The one that says 'We have lost/won flag x". I have tried a few of the options but this annoying voice is still too loud.

Thanks in advance.

This game is fun. I usually join up with whatever team seems to be the underdog, not that I help much but I try. It took me a while but usually my kills outweigh my deaths by almost a 2 to 1 margin. I don't rack up many kills though usually about 10 or 12. I usually play as a sniper and try to assist my team rather than just go-it alone. My favorite method of operation is to assist teammates from afar.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothru22
I tried out the demo for a bit the other night and I was shocked that anyone could find this game to be playable. It's a pale shadow of the PC version.
I have to agree. I just played it for the first time and the graphics are horrible, muddy and bland.

HOPEFULLY the 360 version will look better.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am not sure about any of the questions except I think that the loading screen will sometimes say what the parachute button is.

As to the quality, I find it fun. I think that it would be much better running 720p, but it is fun. It doesn't have the depth of the PC version but it still conveys the same sense. If the resolution was higher it would look real nice as the xbox version adds a lot of special effects including light bloom and cool explosion effects.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
IIRC, you use the black button to parachute. I also think that there are different types of tanks, as well as different positions in the tank. Some tanks, the driver drives and shoots the cannon, while another guy shoots the machine gun It's been awhile since I played. I liked the gameplay, but the server issues were bothersome.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The black button. OK, I will try again although I thought I tried that. Nothing like going splat a few times. :)

The tanks you find at the US base are all the same and you can switch between driving and the 50cal mount on the roof. I do that all the time. But usually people trot out a 50mm tank that has a VERY fast reload time. Another tank combo has some sort of rocket launcher instead of the 50cal machine gun. I just don't know where to find these beauties or how to configure them if that is what I must do. Perhaps I have to play as engineer and do something special??

I have no doubt a PC would look better and play better than my console. I love a FPS using a keyboard/mouse combo, but since graphics requirements went beyond 64meg I just don't have the hardware to play. The graphics on the XBOX are not great, they are good but the real fun with BF2 is the entire experience. This is my first try at such a game and I like the style of play. It is slower than Halo2, or at least it can be played at a slower more methodical pace online and I enjoy that.

The server issues have not been an issue in the last 4-5 days. I usually get a decent connection within a couple tries. For me at least, once I am in a game the play is smooth for about 90% of the games I have tried.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Though I haven't tried it, I'm sure that this early beta test release looks better running on the Xbox than the shipping PC game would look running on any $200 PC :).

·
Registered
9 Posts
nothru22 that happened to me with Doom 3. The Pc version is oustanding(off course), but took me a long time to get used to the inferior graphics. Just bought the Xbos version for online playing, guess what it stinks on Xbox live.

Half Life 2 is around the corner, I'm sure not buying it for Xbox. Finally I bought a LCD with DVI( 20") for my PC and the difference is brutal!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm...

I tried the black button last night to see if the chute would deploy - splat.

Perhaps if I exit with the B and hold it down???

I will try tonight.

Any takers for questions 2, 3 and 3(b).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.