AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the signal coming out of the High Definition AV Pack is NTSC or digital? I would like to use it to hook into the second set of component video inputs on my Mits (55857) which would allow 480P input with no hassle. I am using the 5 DTV inputs for my DTC 100, and I don't want to mess with the converter until some HD games come out.

If it will not work, I guess I am stuck using the S-Video on the Advanced AV pack for now.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mark

·
Registered
360 Posts
 http://www.xbox.com/Hardware/adapter...tionavpack.htm

The High Definition AV Pack connects the Xbox video game system to high definition-ready televisions. Supports 480p, 720p and 1080i component video signals for game play

(NTSC only for DVD playback), analog audio inputs and digital receivers.

my understanding is the resolution from the game depends on the game ( some games will be at 480p, some can be at 1080i)

so it will be a digital signal (audio) for the games ---

·
Registered
94 Posts
The only digital output from the High Definition AV Pack will be audio.

The component video outputs are analog and will work with the second set of component video inputs on your Mits. Just be sure that both component inputs on your TV accept 1080i.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I too have a Mitsubishi that i plan on using with the X-Box. My DTC-100 uses the RGBHV input for HDTV, and I plan on using the High Definition AV pack to connect to the standard component input for 480p. You shouldn't have any problems doing this.

The component outputs on the AV pack will be analog.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wont say this thread was a st**** question but,,

What digital connections exist on a normal consumer av device for interconnecting video? And for that matter where have there ever been an hdtv input/output device that was digital?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ciper,

I believe duckkilr was asking if the High Definition AV Pack was 8VSB or NTSC. If the signal were 8VSB, he believed that he would need an HD STB to convert it to component "analog" for his TV.

Since the output of the AV Pack is baseband video, no tuner (NTSC or 8VSB) is necessary.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Alkettory: I guess that makes since. Doesnt seem very probably though. Why would they make an hd rf adapter?! Wouldnt the cost be significantly higher than 1080i signal over component video?

Second question. Are there any devices that will output a hdrf signal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, you are saying that I can hook into either the second set of component inputs (which is where I also have my progreesive scan DVD player hooked up into the first set of component inputs) for 480 P input........................or I can hook into the DTV inputs using the Y, Pr & Pb connections (if I disconnect my DTC 100 using RGB video signals) and configure the inputs for EIA 770.3?

Thanks!

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.