AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a problem with my xbox and Sammy last nite while trying to play Wolverine's Revenge (Not that great BTW...)

When I first got my Sammy, I went out and bought the Monster Component cables and ran them into the Component 1 on the back of the TV. I then turned on my Xbox Dashboard and set it up for widescreen and also for 480p, 720p, 1080i, ....

A week later when I got my Sammy DVD player, I moved my xbox cables over to component 2.

All the games play just fine (and look great also) but when I tried to get back into the dashboard last nite, the screen would be black and it said "Not Supported Mode", but when I had a game in the xbox, it performed just fine.

Anyone else experience this yet??

Thanks,

Blooz4u

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Xbox dashboard is only output in 480i, not 480p, 720p, or 1080i.

Therefore, I would disconnect the Monster cable from the back of the Xbox, (leave it connected to your monitor) and then connect the original composite video cable to the 'side' input on your monitor. Then make the adjustments to your Xbox dashboard and then return to your Monster cable.

If you want to use your Monster all the time, then you need to connect it to the Component Video 1, and set your Xbox via the dashboard to the following settings:

480i and 480p yes

720p and 1080i no

Then all your games will be output in 480i or 480p.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blooz4u
Sega,

Thanks for the imput!

What about games that are in 720p ??

Blooz
The Samsung DLP Comp 1 only does 480i/480p while 2 and 3 only do 480p-1080i. Since the dashboard is 480i it wont work for comp 1. For games that have 720p what you can do is use comp 1 to go into the Dashboard and turn on 720p simply move the xbox to comp 2 or 3. my sugestion is to just leave 720p on and just leave the XBox at comp 2 or 3 because nearly all of the games have at least 480p.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.