AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to move an xbox into my daughters room to extend some dvd kid movies i have on my server for her and her friends. However the last time I used an xbox with Transcoding Video_TS it rarely plays the correct audio track, often times it is the directors commentary or another language. Any thoughts on this?

Is there a simple hands off extender I can buy that will play video_ts and use the media center interface (using mediabrowser now).

·
Registered
837 Posts
mymovies has a built in transcoder. I do the same thing for my daughter, shes 4 and can use the remote. I also set parental controls only for the extender so she has all the g and pg movies.

I think the transcode feature costs money (either $50 or $100) but they have a free 21 day trial.

There really isn't any extenders on the market anymore.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Do you have a decent to strong pc? transcoding takes up a lot of CPU so it might be the problem.

If you didn't try mymovies before maybe you could try it now and see. You only need to set it up then go on their site and click request 21 day trial.

I think all companies quit making extenders now. You might want to check into WTV or appleTV and see if they play video_ts folders. You'll lose media center and I'm pretty sure 360's the only way to use media center now.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
the mm transcoder costs $50.

however if you disable the subtitles, it takes very little cpu power. It isn't really transcoding anything - it is still mpeg2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts