AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Microsoft has now confirmed the 1st June, 2017 launch date for Xbox Games Pass - and that Xbox Live Gold subscribers can start their 14-day free trial May 24, before the official start date.

For more information on the Xbox Game Pass:

Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favorite Game | Xbox

To purchase the Xbox Game Pass:

Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favorite Game | Xbox

E3 June 13, 2021:
Xbox & Bethesda Showcase: 20+ Day One Games with Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Wire
Coming This Year
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (Cloud, Xbox Series X|S) – July 27
  • Hades (PC, Cloud, and Console) – August 21
  • Among Us (Cloud and Console) – 2021
Coming Day One This Year
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance (PC, Cloud, and Console) – June 22
  • The Ascent (PC, Cloud, and Console) – July 29
  • Twelve Minutes (PC, Cloud, and Console) – August 19
  • Psychonauts 2 (PC, Cloud, and Console) – August 25
  • Aragami 2 (PC, Cloud, and Console)) – September 17
  • Sable (PC, Cloud, and Console) – September 23
  • Scorn (PC, Cloud, and Series X|S) – Fall 2021
  • The Anacrusis (PC, Cloud, and Console) – Fall 2021
  • Back 4 Blood (PC, Cloud, and Console) – October 12
  • Age of Empires IV (PC) – October 28
  • Forza Horizon 5 (PC, Cloud, and Console) – November 9
  • Shredders (PC, Cloud, and Console) – December 2021
  • Halo Infinite (PC, Cloud, and Console) – Holiday 2021
  • Hello Neighbor 2 (PC, Cloud, and Console) – 2021
  • The Gunk (PC, Cloud, and Console) – 2021
Coming Day One in The Future
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem
  • Atomic Heart
  • Redfall
  • Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
  • Eiyuden Chronicle Rising
  • Contraband
  • Party Animals
  • Replaced
  • Slime Rancher 2
  • Somerville
  • Stalker 2
  • Starfield
  • Outer Worlds 2

As of June 13, 2021:

380 games for Console

263 games for PC
261 games that are Cloud-enabled
  • Xbox 360 and Xbox Live titles offer the same additional features as the full list of Xbox One backwards compatibility games - including support for Cloud saves, Game DVR, Windows 10 streaming and use of the original dashboard interface in-game. For Achievement collectors out there, it's worth noting Xbox Live games typically only have 200 Gamerscore to collect, depending on whether they were supported with DLC, while Xbox 360 and Xbox One titles have the full 1000.
  • While the open access to many games is similar to services such as Netflix or PlayStation Now, there is no streaming involved - each game has to be downloaded to your hard drive, so while there's a slight wait before accessing, it means you can then play unhindered without worrying about your internet speed.
  • Like Netflix, titles will be added and taken away from the service over time. Microsoft hasn't outlined the notice period or frequency of titles coming and going, but we'll keep this page updated when that happens.
  • If you want to access a title after your subscription ends (or if a game is removed from the service) there is a 20% discount for games and 10% off their DLC if you choose to purchase them - but only while the game is currently in rotation.
  • Once an Xbox Game Pass title has downloaded to your hard drive, you can play offline for up to 30 days.
  • While you won't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play, any multiplayer components in any Xbox Game Pass titles will require one as usual.
  • Even though there are Xbox 360 and Xbox Live titles in Xbox Game Pass, the service is only available on Xbox One.
  • Xbox Game Pass is currently available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, United States.
For complete game list:
Xbox Game Pass Library | Xbox

March 11, 2021 Bethesda games come to Xbox Game Pass

Here’s the full list of the games, and which systems they can be played on. Bold indicates the game is already on Game Pass.

• Dishonored Definitive Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Dishonored 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM (1993) (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM II (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM 3 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM 64 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • DOOM Eternal (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Console, PC)
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Console, PC)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (Cloud, Console)
  • The Evil Within (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Fallout 4 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Fallout 76 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Fallout: New Vegas (Console)
  • Prey (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • RAGE 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Console, PC, Cloud)

Backward Compatibility Reaches the Clouds for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members - Xbox Wire

Mar 31, 2021 @ 8:00am

Today we’re embarking on a new journey for the backward compatibility program: Taking it to the cloud. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can now tap into a collection of favorites from the past in a whole new way — right on mobile devices, turning them into retro handheld game systems. 16 original Xbox and Xbox 360 games are now available on Android phones and tablets, with more games coming soon.

Backward Compatible Games Playable with Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)

• Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • Fable II
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Gears of War: Judgment
  • Jetpac Refuelled (touch controls enabled)
  • Kameo
  • Perfect Dark
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Viva Piñata (touch controls enabled)
  • Viva Piñata: TIP (touch controls enabled)

Xbox Game Pass will add at least five new games every month

According to Xbox senior product manager Dennis Ceccarelli, at least five new games will be added on the first of each month. If you're concerned about games being removed, however, you don't have to worry for now, as he says that nothing will be removed from the catalog until late November.

Interview on XGP with Phil Spencer (executive vice president of gaming at Microsoft) and how it works:
Microsoft’s Phil Spencer on launching the new Xbox and the future of games

The following is only an excerpt. See the actual article at the link for additional topics on Xbox beyond XGP. It's a great read:

I’d say for us, the biggest change has been just expanding the creative chances we will take, because we know we have 15 million subscribers [lasted officially reported as 18 million in January 2021], players who will try something. The marginal cost of trying the next new thing is, today, a download. With xCloud, we’ll just be opening a stream and giving it a try. We’re doing more episodic things, even games like Flight Sim come back because we know we have millions and millions of customers who will give it a try. I don’t know how many of those people would have paid 60 bucks for that game.

The business model allows us to try new delivery methods, whether [it’s] episodic, or new themes. It doesn’t all have to be the known genres; let’s go push on some genres that have either fallen by the wayside, or people are making new things. Those are the areas where I see us unlocking capability. I will say, and this is a healthy thing for Game Pass — it’s true, it sounds like, of Apple Arcade as well — the No. 1 metric that we see that drives success of Game Pass is hours played. It’s not catalog size.

I asked Phil if the thinking behind buying all of those studios was an attempt to have a full library of first-party content to start the engine of Microsoft’s Game Pass subscription service.

Yeah, it is.

Game Pass relies on third-party content. I want it to be that way. I want our third parties to have success. One of the things, going back to previous CEOs, Bill always had this good point of view that you’re not really a platform until other developers make more on your platform than you do. That’s one of the fundamental definitions of a platform. I think it’s very smart to look that way. I think about Game Pass as a platform. It’s not just a subscription on a platform.

I want third parties to see the distribution and monetization capability of Game Pass as something that is accretive to their business and important to them. I, obviously, as the owner of Game Pass, [will] invest earlier than third parties will, both when I put games on the service, and the number of games that I need in order to create the flywheel that gets it to scale. We’re investing in content because we’re early in Game Pass, and frankly, in xCloud. I need to have great content as an attractor to customers into Game Pass and xCloud and our consoles as well.

When I play it out, I want to get to the world — you’ve seen developers, it’s been great as Game Pass has grown, start to come out and say, look, Game Pass is actually a critical part of the discovery process of my game. It’s actually created business opportunity for me. Which isn’t true in video and music today. Because when certain people try to call Game Pass the Netflix of, or the Spotify of, there is a fundamental difference that ...

These games are all for sale. What we’ve seen because, one, some games have a business model inside of themselves and there’s retail availability at the same time, and all these other platforms that games are on. One of the big issues that some of the mid-tier and smaller games deal with is, how do I just get known? How do I actually create either that Twitch moment that you see with something like Fall Guys, or just that it’s live on so many people’s social graph, because people are playing that, people just see it.

Game Pass has been a real avenue for that, because we have over 15 million subscribers and a very consumptive base of players. Everybody sees what everybody is playing on Xbox Live. When a game hits in this curated marketplace of Game Pass, it becomes more discovered on the network, which is just such huge viral marketing for the game that’s out there. That’s what I need to get to with Game Pass. We invest in first-party, and we’re seeing it. We’re right at the inflection point of that really being true. It’s definitely true for a lot of developers already.

We invest in our first-party [games] as a catalyst for growth. In the end, I do know that most of the games, just like most of the games that are played on an Xbox, should be third parties. Those third parties have to build a healthy business on Game Pass. Otherwise, it doesn’t work.

You’re saying, “I’m going to spend all the money upfront to make people come onto the service. Then the game developers who are not going to build their own subscription bundles [sic: EA Play], they’re going to come on to Game Pass and make a lot of money.”

That’s our goal. That’s absolutely our goal. We see it, and not in all cases. This is all learning every day, but we see it. Even things like EA Play coming on to Game Pass was us working with our partners at EA to say, it’s not about a per-title thing, let’s actually bring the channel that you guys want to go drive and grow value in, called EA Play. Let’s bring that to Game Pass on console and PC, so you see growth in people’s attachment to your service through the distribution power of Game Pass. That’s real strength for them.

Actually, for a content partner like EA or someone else, it helps them create the kind of moat around their content that says, “No, this EA Play thing has value.” We love that.

Now that’s at a portfolio level. There are certain teams that are just, let’s do that with our game. If I think about Studio Wildcard with ARK, a game that does really, really well in Game Pass, it’s a good example. If they’ve got a whole ecosystem around what it means to be in ARK and the business model behind that, they can use Game Pass as a great way for them to grow and find new customers who might not choose the game just on an open marketplace, or might never find it.

We can actually raise the visibility of the content. That’s just not true in the video space. There’s definitely some third-party series that I’ve found season 1 and 2 on Netflix. Then I’ll go to watch [it] on the studio’s service or even on broadcast, if it’s something that’s on broadcast. I just don’t think the video companies were there to catch that growth in Friends. You think about something like The Office or Friends or these things that were critical parts of Netflix growing, I think the opportunity that was missed there, and I’m not disparaging anybody, but if you’re going to grow a bunch of interest in Friends because it hit Netflix, what do you do with people’s interest when they get to the last episode that’s on Netflix?

Gaming knows how to do that. Our gaming partners, whether it’s an annualized franchise that comes out so you’re building an audience for the next release, or it’s an ongoing perpetual game, [like] Destiny 2 is in Game Pass right now. Those developers know how to continue to manage and grow communities. That’s what I would say in the video space. If you want to use Netflix for distribution, absolutely, but make sure you know how to catch the signal of fans for you as the content creator when it comes out.

We enable that. We’ve got a storefront. We’ve got discoverability you can bring. You can have your social, whether it’s Uplay, or EA, or other things on our platform. You’re building a direct-to-consumer relationship for you as a publisher. Those are all critical, critical components of Game Pass. Even more important with xCloud is, we start taking this content to a device that’s never seen your game in a part of the world that’s never going to own a game console or a gaming PC, how do you, as a publisher, build that strong, direct-relationship customer, either around your portfolio or around your game?

How do you pay out developers? I’m a developer, I make a game, I say I’m going to put it in Game Pass, a customer pays [you] $14.99 a month. How do you decide how much to pay me, the developer?

Our deals are, I’ll say, all over the place. That sounds unmanaged, but it’s really based on the developer’s need. One of the things that’s been cool to see is a developer, usually a smaller to mid-sized developer, might be starting a game and say, “hey, we’re willing to put this in Game Pass on our launch day if you guys will give us X dollars now.” What we can go do is, we’ll create a floor for them in terms of the success of their game. They know they’re going to get this return.

[In] certain cases, we’ll pay for the full production cost of the game. Then they get all the retail opportunity on top of Game Pass. They can go sell it on PlayStation, on Steam, and on Xbox, and on Switch. For them, they’ve protected themselves from any downside risk. The game is going to get made. Then they have all the retail upside, we have the opportunity for day and date. That would be a flat fee payment to a developer. Sometimes the developer’s more done with the game and it’s more just a transaction of, “Hey, we’ll put it in Game Pass if you’ll pay us this amount of money.”

Others want [agreements] more based on usage and monetization in whether it’s a store monetization that gets created through transactions, or usage. We’re open [to] experimenting with many different partners, because we don’t think we have it figured out. When we started, we had a model that was all based on usage. Most of the partners said, “Yeah, yeah, we understand that, but we don’t believe it, so just give us the money upfront.”

June 1, 2017 launch list:
Xbox Game Pass games list

Below is a complete list of every Xbox One, 360 and Xbox Live game available in Xbox Game Pass. Currently there are 111 games - 40 on Xbox One, 24 on Xbox 360 and 47 on Xbox Live:
  • #IDARB (Xbox One)
  • A Kingdom for Keflings (Xbox Live)
  • A World of Keflings (Xbox Live)
  • Age of Booty (Xbox Live)
  • Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Xbox 360)
  • Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox Live)
  • Banjo-Tooie (Xbox Live)
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (Xbox Live)
  • BioShock (Xbox 360)
  • BioShock 2 (Xbox 360)
  • BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360)
  • Blood Bowl 2 (Xbox One)
  • Bound by Flame (Xbox 360)
  • Braid (Xbox Live)
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Xbox One)
  • Capcom Arcade Cabinet (Xbox Live)
  • CastleStorm (Xbox Live)
  • Comic Jumper (Xbox Live)
  • Comix Zone (Xbox Live)
  • D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (Xbox One)
  • Dark Void (Xbox 360)
  • De Blob 2 (Xbox 360)
  • Defense Grid (Xbox Live)
  • Defense Grid 2 (Xbox One)
  • Dig Dug (Xbox Live)
  • DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition (Xbox One)
  • Double Dragon Neon (Xbox Live)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Xbox Live)
  • Electronic Super Joy (Xbox One)
  • Fable 3 (Xbox 360)
  • Farming Simulator 15 (Xbox One)
  • Final Fight: Double Impact (Xbox Live)
  • Flock! (Xbox Live)
  • Galaga Legions DX (Xbox Live)
  • Gears of War (Xbox 360)
  • Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
  • Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
  • Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360)
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
  • GRID 2 (Xbox 360)
  • Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
  • Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
  • Hexic 2 (Xbox Live)
  • Iron Brigade (Xbox Live)
  • Jetpac Refulled (Xbox Live)
  • Joe Danger: Special Edition (Xbox Live)
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie (Xbox Live)
  • Joy Ride Turbo (Xbox Live)
  • JumpJet Rex (Xbox One)
  • Kameo (Xbox 360)
  • Knight Squad (Xbox One)
  • King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (Xbox Live)
  • KYUB (Xbox One)
  • Layers of Fear (Xbox One)
  • LEGO Batman: The Videogame (Xbox 360)
  • Lumo (Xbox One)
  • Mad Max (Xbox One)
  • Massive Chalice (Xbox One)
  • Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Xbox One)
  • Mega Coin Squad (Xbox One)
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection (Xbox One)
  • Metal Slug 3 (Xbox Live)
  • Monday Night Combat (Xbox Live)
  • Ms. Splosion Man (Xbox Live)
  • MX vs ATX Reflex (Xbox 360)
  • N+ (Xbox Live)
  • NBA 2K16 (Xbox One)
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (Xbox Live)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Xbox 360)
  • OlliOlli (Xbox One)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (Xbox Live)
  • Pac-Man Museum (Xbox Live)
  • Payday 2: Crimewave Edition (Xbox One)
  • Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)
  • Pumped BMX+ (Xbox One)
  • Resident Evil 0 (Xbox One)
  • Roundabout (Xbox One)
  • Sacred 3 (Xbox 360)
  • Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (Xbox One)
  • Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (Xbox Live)
  • Sam & Max Save the World (Xbox 360)
  • Samurai Showdown 2 (Xbox Live)
  • ScreamRide (Xbox One)
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co (Xbox Live)
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Golden Axe (Xbox Live)
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World (Xbox Live)
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage (Xbox Live)
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Xbox One)
  • Soulcalibur (Xbox Live)
  • Soulcalibur 2 HD (Xbox Live)
  • Spelunky (Xbox Live)
  • Splosion Man (Xbox Live)
  • Stacking (Xbox Live)
  • Steredenn (Xbox One)
  • Strider (Xbox One)
  • Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
  • Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings (Xbox One)
  • Super Time Force (Xbox One)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Xbox 360)
  • Terraria (Xbox One)
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Xbox One)
  • The Golf Club (Xbox One)
  • The Maw (Xbox Live)
  • The Swapper (Xbox One)
  • Toy Soldiers (Xbox Live)
  • Toy Soldiers: Cold War (Xbox Live)
  • Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (Xbox Live)
  • Viva Pinata (Xbox 360)
  • Vita Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Xbox 360)
  • WWE 2K16 (Xbox One)
  • XCOM: Enemy Within (Xbox 360)
July 1, 2017 game additions
More Games Being Added To Xbox Game Pass On July 1st - Xbox Live's Major Nelson

In addition to the 100+ great games already in the Xbox Game Pass catalog, the following games will be joining Xbox Game Pass on July 1st:

• Dead Island Definitive Edition
  • Resident Evil 6
  • F1 2015
  • The Flame In The Flood
  • Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Bard’s Gold
  • Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine

One of the other benefits of Xbox Game Pass – Discounts on Xbox One games. From 01-16 July, Xbox Game Pass members can save on all PAYDAY 2 add-ons, including the recently released PAYDAY 2: CRIMEWAVE EDITION – The Most Wanted DLC Bundle.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, maybe a combo pass. That'd be a good idea. Like $15/month gets you both sets of benefits. Or maybe a discount for getting both by charging like $13/ or $12/month.

I think they separate it because $15/month might seem like a lot to many people. Plus, when they're separate, it's easier to disentangle from one of them.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I tried this a couple months back, under the preview program roll out. The problem is, current games are not on the list. Everything I want to play, that was on the list...I already own. anything else was just fluff...

I hope it takes off as well, but I'd like to see current games. Like a gamefly type service that you can rent right on your box. I'm sure it's a non-starter for dev's on current games. They want to sell you their IP, not rent.
I'd like to think rentals would be more lucrative in the long run, if they allowed you to try after like 60+ days?

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for a start, it's good. these types of services take time. like Netflix, was rough in the beginning. the streaming collection was awful compared to the DVD collection. It still pales to the DVD in terms of content, but there's enough content to let it slide because you can do HD/HDR/UHD via streaming.

and yes, the latest games won't be there. but over time the collection should be big enough that it doesn't matter. just like people don't complain that Netflix stuff is old (until they went to original programming which had its downside as old stuff was removed in volume).

and once developers realize some of their games don't sell well but were still games that were good, they could use the service to milk more revenue rather than the game just disappearing. Titanfall 2 would be a prime example if it wasn't stuck to EA and EA's game service.

and even longer term, this kind of service can only help to build communities for games that are not the latest and greatest. If you buy a 5 year old game and try to find people to play online with it, good luck. But at least now, there are at least spikes in usage like with Games with Gold so that at least more people experience the game rather than hoping those 5-year old communities held together.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have plenty of Microsoft Reward points, Game Pass is a fantastic way to spend it!

Xbox Game Pass is Now on Microsoft Rewards! Level 2 Members- (29,000 points for 12 months) (6.800 points for 1 month) at Microsoft Store.

This is a newly added reward on Microsoft rewards. If you are a level 2 member it is 29,000 points for 12 months of Xbox Game Pass. For a 1 month trial of Game Pass it is 6,800 points!

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
"So on the first of every month, you're going to see at least five new games enter the Game Pass catalogue — every single month,” said Xbox Game Pass senior product manager Dennis Ceccarelli during yesterday’s
. “Again, we're really trying to give a great mix of games across different ratings, different experiences, different genres, so no matter who you are, if you're a Game Pass member, every single month there's something new for you to play."
Ceccarelli also addressed the bigger question of when the games will leave the service ... sort of.
"We see a lot of questions and a lot of assumptions about, ‘When are these games going to leave the catalog?’” he said. “ While there's not one set amount of time that a game will be in the catalogue, and some titles will leave the catalogue eventually, I want to put some fears at rest because our first games won't be leaving the catalogue until late November.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/15/15807954/xbox-game-pass-when-do-they-leave

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So here is the July additions to Xbox Game Pass. Remember, they said at least 5 new titles will be added monthly:

In addition to the 100+ great games already in the Xbox Game Pass catalog, the following games will be joining Xbox Game Pass on July 1st:

• Dead Island Definitive Edition
  • Resident Evil 6
  • F1 2015
  • The Flame In The Flood
  • Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Bard’s Gold
  • Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine

One of the other benefits of Xbox Game Pass – Discounts on Xbox One games. From 01-16 July, Xbox Game Pass members can save on all PAYDAY 2 add-ons, including the recently released PAYDAY 2: CRIMEWAVE EDITION – The Most Wanted DLC Bundle.

https://majornelson.com/2017/06/28/more-games-being-added-to-xbox-game-pass-on-july-1st/

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OMG. I totally forgot I started this thread! miss all of you guys. I'm back!

Are we all ready to preorder tomo morning???

Anyway, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has become more than we ever thought it could be. Hundreds of Xbox games, 100 PC games, 60 EA games. Built-in Xbox Live Gold. xCloud gaming.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's been so long since this thread was created! Lots has changed since its inception. With nearly 300 Xbox games, over 200 PC games, and starting on November 10, 2020, EA Pass games (60-160 game titles), lots of options for everyone!

Remember, Xbox Live Gold is built into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. With GPU, you also get xCloud which is the streaming game service. You also get subscriber discounts that can stack on top of regular sales.

For the current Xbox Game Pass go to: Xbox Game Pass Library | Xbox

IGN recently posted an article on their top 28 Game Pass games as of on 9/30/20:
Best Xbox Game Pass Games - IGN

Crusader Kings 3 - Xbox Game Pass (PC)
Dead Cells - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Destiny 2 - Xbox Game Pass (console) includes all the expansions!
Dishonored 2 - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Doom Eternal - Xbox Game Pass (console on October 1, 2020; PC "later in 2020")
Fable II - Xbox Game Pass (console)
Fallout: New Vegas - Xbox Game Pass (console)
Forza Horizon 4 - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Gears 5 - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Hollow Knight - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Game Pass (PC)
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Monster Hunter: World - Xbox Game Pass (console)
Night in the Woods - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Outer Wilds - Xbox Game Pass (console)
The Outer Worlds - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Slay the Spire - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Spiritfarer - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
State of Decay 2 - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Sunset Overdrive - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Tell Me Why - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
Wasteland 3 - Xbox Game Pass (console and PC)
What Remains of Edith Finch - Xbox Game Pass (console)
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Xbox Game Pass (console)

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rainbow Six Siege Deluxe Edition has now been added to Game Pass. Too bad I already own the game but if you haven't tried it, time to get on. It will be Series S and Series X enhanced.

As of 10/22/20, there are 254 console games and 212 PC games. At launch of the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S there will be EA Play games added which have nearly 90 Xbox games and 20 PC games.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here’s the lineup of what's being added to Game Pass, straight from Microsoft:

For those with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you’ll get a batch of in-game perks and bundles for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Dead by Daylight, and Warframe, all starting on Oct. 29.

A number of streaming movies are also discounted for purchase.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Disney + free 30 day trial to any Game pass Ultimate member

Starting today, Ultimate members will be able to stream all of the great entertainment available with Disney+, including content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. From old favorites to the latest epic movies, series and Originals from the world’s best storytellers, including the new season of The Mandalorian, we’re excited to provide this trial as a Perk to our members. Ultimate members who are new to Disney+ will be eligible to claim the 30-day subscription trial through the Perks Gallery on their Xbox console, on the Xbox app on Windows 10 PC, or through the Xbox Game Pass mobile app on iOS and Android. Once the Perk is claimed, members will be directed to the Disney+ site activate their subscription. Disney+ is also available on Xbox One and will be available on Xbox Series X and S, so you can download the app via the Microsoft Store. If you’re interested, don’t wait too long! Members can claim and activate the trial until January 31.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

A lot of good games coming to Game Pass! My heart stopped when I saw Among Us and thought it was coming to Xbox but alas, it's for the PC so get Xbox Game Pass for PC or get GPU (Game Pass Ultimate)!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts