Games on Demand
Assassin's Creed, 360, $30/2400 MS points,
Bioshock, 360, $30/2400 MS points,
Black, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Blowout, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 385MB HDD, xbox.com queue
Burnout 3: Takedown, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Burnout Paradise, 360, $n/a
Call of Duty 2, 360, $30/2400 MS points,
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 935MB HDD, xbox.com queue
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 4GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Dance Dance Revolution Universe, 360, $n/a
Destroy All Humans!, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, 360, $30/2400 MS points,
Fable, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 3GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Fight Night Round 3, 360, $n/a
Fusion Frenzy, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 1GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 3GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 3GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 899MB HDD, xbox.com queue
Halo: Combat Evolved, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Indigo Prophecy, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Intellivision Lives!, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 303MB HDD, xbox.com queue
Jade Empire, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 6GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Kameo: Elements of Power, 360, $n/a
Karaoke Revolution American Idol Encore, 360, $n/a
Legend of Spyro, The: A New Beginning, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, 360, $30/2400 MS points
Mass Effect, 360, $20/2000 MS points,
Max Payne, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, xbox.com queue
Meet The Robinsons, 360, $n/a
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, xbox.com queue
MX vs. ATV Untamed, 360, $n/a
Need for Speed Carbon, 360, $20/2000 MS points,
Need for Speed: Most Wanted, 360, $n/a
Ninja Gaiden Black, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 6GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Perfect Dark Zero, 360, $n/a
Prey, 360, $n/a
Pyschonauts, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 4GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Raze's Hell, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Ridge Racer 6, 360, $n/a
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis, 360, $n/a
Sega Soccer Slam, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 1GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Sid Meier's Pirates!, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 1GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Sonic The Hedgehog, 360, $20/1600 MS points,
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 2GB HDD
Test Drive: Unlimited, 360, $n/a
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 5GB HDD, xbox.com queue
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, 360, $n/a
Tomb Raider: Legend, 360, $n/a
Viva Piñata, 360, $20/1600 MS points
Viva Piñata 2: Trouble in Paradise, 360, $n/a
Zapper, Xbox, $15/1200 MS points, 599MB HDD, xbox.com queue

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also all xbox users will have to update their system to the new version (avatar marketplace, games on demand, and such) before they can access this.

currently beta testers (myself included) can access this option, but only the current Xbox Originals (halo, max payne, etc) are avail. these new titles are in addition to that list. so i'll dig up the info on the xbox originals and post it here as well.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I might go for Test Drive if it's cheap.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That list actually isn't that bad. Obviously, pricing and HDD space with make or break this endeavor. I hope MS continues to update the list.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Interested on pricing. There are a couple I might pick up, but they'd have to be pretty cheap for me to forego buying it used and selling it back.

I would be more interested in a "rent it for a few days" pricing structure, whatever that would look like.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Pricing makes all the difference in the world. Odds are that the digital titles available through Microsoft are actually priced higher than the prices at online merchants for many older titles. That is, you might find a physical copy of the game available for $12, and the same virtual title might be on Microsoft's service for $15. One can argue shipping and handling costs (or whatever), but having to use up hard drive space, not getting a manual, not getting a physical copy that can be loaned to friends and then still not getting a break on the pricing is... well, not good.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn /forum/post/16948210

^i hope not. i hope they are priced cheaper. i mean they're not selling us any packaged media (disc, manual, case). i'll keep an eye out for the prices

One of my xbox live bff told me the sequel to Viva Pinata was up there already...I checked this morning and sure enough it's there. $30, which is full retail.

There's a few games that appear to be out of print, but I don't have high hopes for them either. MS' pricing with Xbox originals shows they don't know how to price this stuff correctly.

Between the ridiculous HDD prices, DRM, and what appears to be full retail for these, it seems they expect to shaft us on both ends.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
$20 a piece would be a good point, considering they're all 1-2 years old. Considering HDD space, I wonder at what point having the games stored on the DVD disk actually becomes easier and cheaper. If MS is serious about this service, they need to cut back on the HDD prices and release larger GB models in conjunction with the service launch. For example if someone were to buy all those games, would they even fit on the 120 Gb?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan /forum/post/16950053

$20 a piece would be a good point, considering they're all 1-2 years old. Considering HDD space, I wonder at what point having the games stored on the DVD disk actually becomes easier and cheaper. If MS is serious about this service, they need to cut back on the HDD prices and release larger GB models in conjunction with the service launch. For example if someone were to buy all those games, would they even fit on the 120 Gb?

Since X360 games are average of 5GB, a $20/1600 points game is really $25 or more of the hard drive space cost. Since download contents are locked to the Gamertag, there's no resell value or you can loan the game to your friend. If you can't sign to Live, only the console the game originally bought on will let you play it.

Pros: no disc to put in your console to play.

Cons: extra hard drive space cost, more expensive than older games on disc, no resell value, locked to the Gamertag, can't loan to your friend, and may need to sign to Live to play them.

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatenbacktolife /forum/post/16948627

One of my xbox live bff told me the sequel to Viva Pinata was up there already...I checked this morning and sure enough it's there. $30, which is full retail.

There's a few games that appear to be out of print, but I don't have high hopes for them either. MS' pricing with Xbox originals shows they don't know how to price this stuff correctly.

Between the ridiculous HDD prices, DRM, and what appears to be full retail for these, it seems they expect to shaft us on both ends.

are you and you BFF (
) on the system update beta? that would probably explain why Viva is already on there. i was talking for everyone else. they wont see that till next tuesday (system update for all).

well at that price i probably still wouldnt buy it. however, if i were inclined to buy lets say burnout paradise. it would honestly be a question of "do i want a disc or not?" that would depend on the hdd space required to install. i like any other netzian hate DRM. heck, it made switch from an ipod to a zune. i can only play that one game at home. i never lend out my games. i despise used games for they undermine the developer. why not download it? if i have the space, sure.

the price though would be my second factor to look at. if a game is 1-2 years old and/or it sucked to begin with and they still have the balls to charge full MSRP (which is usually $10-$15 above what any sane person would pay) then i'd skip it. if however they have lets say weekly deals on these games as well. offering them for less than what you could buy a new disc at retail, i would be all over it like white on rice.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn /forum/post/16950157

are you and you BFF (
) on the system update beta? that would probably explain why Viva is already on there. i was talking for everyone else. they wont see that till next tuesday (system update for all).

well at that price i probably still wouldnt buy it. however, if i were inclined to buy lets say burnout paradise. it would honestly be a question of "do i want a disc or not?" that would depend on the hdd space required to install. i like any other netzian hate DRM. heck, it made switch from an ipod to a zune. i can only play that one game at home. i never lend out my games. i despise used games for they undermine the developer. why not download it? if i have the space, sure.

the price though would be my second factor to look at. if a game is 1-2 years old and/or it sucked to begin with and they still have the balls to charge full MSRP (which is usually $10-$15 above what any sane person would pay) then i'd skip it. if however they have lets say weekly deals on these games as well. offering them for less than what you could buy a new disc at retail, i would be all over it like white on rice.

Oh, good point, I got the update day one. It's not under games on demand though, it's actually under "V" if you browse games. I don't know if you can buy it, I sure as hell wasn't going to try at that price.

I have zero interest in buying singleplayer games through it, but might consider multiplayer focused stuff. I've always wanted to buy Shadowrun, and would probably buy it day one through DD even though it's like $10 new.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts