Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My friends and I are hardcore Halo players!

So I'm going to buy a couple of projectors for my gaming room. I have good light control, and pretty much any throw distance that I want...it's a big room with a 10' high ceiling and no windows. The projectors will primarily be hooked up to a couple of XBOX's.

I've seen one of my XBOX's hooked up to a Runco CL-500...It looked REALLY good. The Runco retails for about $5000, but I've read that the markup on the Runco is pretty substantial.

I'm in the market for something $2000 or less. I've been considering the X1, L300u, Z1, HS10 and the LT240. How do you think these would compare to the Runco?

Has anyone done a lot of XBOX gaming on these rigs? If so, how was it. I've read a few posts that hinted at XBOX gaming, but I'd like to hear more detail in regard to rainbows, screen door, picture quality, etc.

Any shared XBOX gaming experiences from anyone who owns one of these would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'd like to demo the X1 but I emailed infocus and they said that they did not do that, yet I've seen people on this forum who have tried demos. How do I get ahold of one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Put what city you are in & perhaps someone would offer a look at their setup. Also you could take your XBOX to any store that has the pj you want to check out.

If you don't already have it, Ghost Recon is one I think that you would enjoy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you are primarily looking to play Halo on the projectors, the LT240 might be your best bet because it's 4:3 and supposidly the picture is gorgeous...unfortunately the people at bungie were a little stupid when they released the game and didn't build an engine that supports 16:9. For Microsoft's prize game this really seems unacceptable...but what can you do. Although, if you are looking watching some DVDs and anticipating Halo2 (which will more than likely have a 16:9 engine) then you might want to look into the Panny 300, the HS10 or the Z1. I have an HS10 and xbox looks gorgeous on it. You can see from one of my other posts that it's almost too good and shows off a lot of the jaggies in the game, but if you can get over that you would definitely enjoy the picutre. The Panny might be better because it's smaller lighter and more portable than the HS10 so you can move your setup around more and not feel so confined to a specific way the room needs to go. Just my 2 cents.

|..frizzo..|

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Panny 200 would serve you well too. You could get two of them for about $3000. Halo looks OK stretched...It should have been 16:9.

Halo 2 and Brute Force will probably be 16:9 so I'd opt for a 16:9 pj.

Better yet...get a Panny 200 and a 300!

The 300 is better suited for HDTV and DVD due to higher res and "smooth screen" anti-screen door technology.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you are interested in a good used projector. I have one for sale in the AVS for-sale section. I also have a Scaler for it, that bumps up the picture on my games to 1024x768, it can also accepts 720p native and 1080i. It is a 4x3 projector but it has a 16x9 mode also

- Scott

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm going to ditto the vote for a 16:9 projector. Also, if your room is not 100% light controlled, you might want to go for a PJ with more lumens (PLV70) or make sure you get a screen with alot of gain if you stick with the HS10. You want to make sure you are seeing all the necessary detail of your games. Even on my PLV 70 (2200 lumens) and a 1.1 gain screen, if I have light on in the room, sometimes I miss things and get nailed by the baddies. Movies are however fine with this PJ and ambient light. But for gaming you don't want miss that incoming fire. I realize the PLV70 is twice the price you were looking to spend, but you may want to consider getting 1 plv70 instead of 2 HS10s for your room.

The other thing is the native 16:9 PJs. More and more games for the xbox are supporting 1080i and they look absolutely amazing on the big screen. If you could only see the difference between playing games in 4:3 and 16:9, you'd be convinced its worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.