AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Harmon Kardon AVR-520 receiver that supports both DTS and Dolby Digital. I purchased the Microsoft Xbox High Definition AV Pack, hooked it up to the receiver with an optical cable, and enabled both DTS and Dolby Digital on the Xbox. When I pop in a DVD, the receiver indicates that it is receiving a digital audio source and I hear sounds from all 6 speakers. However, when I put in Halo (or any other game), I get no sound at all. The receiver indicates that it isn't receiving a digital audio source. Please help!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've got the AVR320 but it's been a while since I put together my similar setup so this might be a bit off.

On the XBOX dashboard make sure that DD is enabled. I don't believe the option is there until the optical cord is connected. Also check your source setup on the AVR520 to make sure the correct optical input is matched up with your video source. I'll check my setup out tonight and see exactally how it's set up but I'm willing to bet it's a simple configuration problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. DD is enabled on the Xbox. I have the Xbox optical cable connected to the 520's Optical 1 input, and that is what's selected as the 520's input source. Since I get 5.1 audio with DVDs in my Xbox, I think the connection is ok. I can't understand why I get no sound with games in the same Xbox.

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
I think there was a similar post to yours a while back and it was a defective Xbox , call M$ customer service and see what they say .

--- Best of Luck ,

---- Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.