Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to IGN:

Xbox Live 3.0

The latest update for Xbox Live is rumored to have a ton of new features that are actually quite useful. Rumored to be released around April this year, the 3.0 update should include:

Voice Mail

Teams

Messaging - Players will have the ability to send and receive messages - voice or text - in any supported game.

Updated Statistics and Clan Support

Family Title ID

Title Managed Storage - Store information on the Xbox Live servers.

Read all of the story here:
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/475/475062p1.html

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I wonder how the email will be implemented. Perhaps "virtual" keyboard that you use to sign up for Xbox since there is no Xbox keyboard.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I like the times I've spent on xbox live with R6, but it's too bad more games don't appeal to me, or ones that I can't already play on a MUCH more powerfull system with imo better controls etc.. not to mention PC gaming for the most part is free. nice additions though, won't be much use to me really.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here's the actual text of the story:
Quote:
Xbox Live 3.0

The latest update for Xbox Live is rumored to have a ton of new features that are actually quite useful. Rumored to be released around April this year, the 3.0 update should include:

Voice Mail - Send your friends 15-second voicemails any time you send a friend request or game invitation.

Title Managed Storage - Store information on the Xbox Live servers. Global storage is used to store rosters, weather patterns, and such, while per-user/per-title storage will give each gamer 32 KB of storage to store playbooks, settings, and other personal data. Benefits include not having to use memory cards to transport information.

Family Title ID - Lets users share information across up to four supported games. For example, a user-created sports team can be automatically transferred across a number of titles.

Teams - Create a team for a multiplayer game and have it - and its records - carry over each time you play a game. Each supporting game will offer its own set of rules.

Competitions - Player- or publisher-created competitions will let gamers play in automated in-game elimination tournaments. Teams and individual participants are expected to be supported.

Messaging - Players will have the ability to send and receive messages - voice or text - in any supported game.

Updated Statistics and Clan Support - The ability to create "units" of players, complete with stat-tracking. Improved statistical data for individual games.

We tried to contact Microsoft for an official statement but have not heard back from the company at time of publish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by turls
Let me guess--no 480p support in Dashboard still.
That seems like a good thing to me. I know there are some people who have display devices that can't accept 480i but I would think that is not the norm. But think of this... JoeX has a TV that is only 480i and he goes in the dashboard and says that his TV is 480p/720p/1080i compatible. Then the XBox switches to that new video mode and he can't see anything on his TV.

With the dashboard in 480i, users can always go in to change settings at 480i which nearly all devices support.

I mutch prefer that to Nintendo's stupid prompt EVERY time I turn it on "Would you like to enable progressive scan mode?". grrrr!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
All it takes is a double prompt system like WinXP has. Doesn't GameCube even do this? I just finally got component cables hooked up so I'm not sure. Of course, I have it on 480i/480p inputs so it isn't the same as the 480p/720p/1080i limitation.

Or just limit it to component only. Surely there aren't a big percentage of people running component on non-progressive scan TV's. Could still do the double prompt as a backup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.