AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Brighthouse cable internet. The pings times are usually pretty high (100ms +) and cause quite a bit of lag when playing on Live.

Currently, it seems my only other option is DSL with 3mb down and 0.5mb up.

Does anyone use that type of DSL with success on Xbox live?

I am hoping Att adds Uverse to my neighborhood soon. Those using Uverse internet--> Are ping times low?

All suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have at&t DSL as a home run connection or dry line what ever you want to call it and pay only $10 a month (because of the FCC mandate that they had to provide service cheap) and get 1MB down and 512kbps up and its 30ms ping perfect for Xbox Live

of course faster is better but this speed at $10 is more than enough for everything

everyone makes fun saying that 1MB down is too slow, But in reality its enough.

test your speeds here

http://www.broadband.gov/

and don't worry about giving your name and address IP to the Feds they have it already.

I don't bundle with at&t UVERSE because I already have Direct TV digital satelite service for $20 bucks a month and at&t and other cable or ISP cable providers send me like 2 letters a month begging me to switch.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff /forum/post/18306344

I am hoping Att adds Uverse to my neighborhood soon. Those using Uverse internet--> Are ping times low?

Ping times on AT&T U-Verse are a few milliseconds higher than ping times on traditional AT&T ADSL. With that being said, we're talking 19ms vs. 23ms pings to a nearby Speedtest.net server. Even to a slightly farther away server, this would still wind up being around 30ms and hence significantly better than what you're describing.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I play across a tethered phone at 1.5 down and less than a meg up and i still do fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts