AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this app on my DroidX and use it a lot. It's good to have if you can't get on xbox live at work or if you need it on the go.

http://spark.akop.org/

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Does it require you to put in your password along with your GT?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I use 1337pwn (free) and it works beautifully for me.

There are a couple of other android based Live apps, like "Xbox 360 Live". Personally I've used 1337pwn and found that it's been good enough. Gives live status updates, allows you to add/remove gamertags, check their status, see their gamerscore, play history, send messages, etc.

You do not need to put in your gamertag and password to use it.

-JR

·
Registered
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket
I use 1337pwn (free) and it works beautifully for me.

There are a couple of other android based Live apps, like "Xbox 360 Live". Personally I've used 1337pwn and found that it's been good enough. Gives live status updates, allows you to add/remove gamertags, check their status, see their gamerscore, play history, send messages, etc.

You do not need to put in your gamertag and password to use it.

-JR
I use 1337 as well. I only add a handful of real life friends to see if anyone is on. It's nothing crazy, but works just fine. I just realized it can send messages. That will be much faster to type out on my phone than on the 360!

·
Registered
256 Posts
You guys should try Xbox Live Statistics. It works VERY well and has a free version.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i use Xbox Live Statistics too.... it's kind of scary giving out my password, but i keep a decent eye on my account activity, points, etc.... just for peace of mind.... MS need's to put out an API and use oauth so that the apps never see the password.

also, i've had android for well over a year, and i've tried all the apps.... most of them were broken when xbox.com went with the kinect look... thats when i found Xbox Live statistics.... it's my favorite by far.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I use the paid "360 Live" app.

It is very slow on the initial load, and it does require you to login with user/password if I remember correctly. Overall not very useful because it takes forever to update, but functionally has about everything you would need I think, and it looks great.

On a side note, I don't know if you guys noticed but there is an official AVS Android app now

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/19653653

i use Xbox Live Statistics too.... it's kind of scary giving out my password, but i keep a decent eye on my account activity, points, etc.... just for peace of mind.... MS need's to put out an API and use oauth so that the apps never see the password.

also, i've had android for well over a year, and i've tried all the apps.... most of them were broken when xbox.com went with the kinect look... thats when i found Xbox Live statistics.... it's my favorite by far.

I have tried them all as well and agree Xbox Live Statistics is the winner. The beta is free and the Pro version is only 99 cents. I also agree that MS should get an official app out for android.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRic /forum/post/19654978

I have tried them all as well and agree Xbox Live Statistics is the winner. The beta is free and the Pro version is only 99 cents. I also agree that MS should get an official app out for android.

probably unlikely with the WP7 push.... i'm not even asking them to make the app, just provide an API.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I just downloaded the xbox live statistics for my evo and I like it so far. I really like it because I can message friends while I am playing without using the cumbersome interface on my 360 or having a laptop or computer right next to me.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Alright, broke down and tried XLS, and it's a pretty sweet app. I didn't know there was a 1x1 widget that checks to see what friends are on with a single click. And messaging is integrated in the app itself. Made me ditch 1337.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/19655409

probably unlikely with the WP7 push.... i'm not even asking them to make the app, just provide an API.

I am just want xbox.com like functionality on my phone...well minus the stupid avatar editor. Now I know I have that now but I would feel better if it was from MS is all I am saying.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i know what you're saying, but theres no way the windows phone 7 developers are going to make an android app.... apple may admit defeat, but MS is far too stubborn.

with a proper API and oauth, you could authenticate the app without giving the app your credentials, which is about as safe as it gets... i would be completely happy with that.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/19660602

i know what you're saying, but theres no way the windows phone 7 developers are going to make an android app.... apple may admit defeat, but MS is far too stubborn.

with a proper API and oauth, you could authenticate the app without giving the app your credentials, which is about as safe as it gets... i would be completely happy with that.

One can dream...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy /forum/post/19665685

Why would MS freely give away one of the main advantages of owning a WP7 phone???

I didn't say they should. What I said was they need to make an official app for Android that has the same functionality as xbox.com minus the avatar editor. They would still have the Avatar editor and play XBL games that earn you achievements for on WP7. I don't think as XBL Gold members we should suffer without a decent XBL app just cuz we didn't buy a WP7.

If I had the programming chops I would nag MS for an API to use but I doubt that would work. lol

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Why do they "need" to? Again, why would MS give away one of the clear advantages that WP7 has over competitors? I don't think XBL gold members are suffering much as it is and they can always buy a WP7 phone.

You have a better chance of seeing an official Xbox Live app on iPhone than on Android (and the chance of an iPhone app is pretty dismal).

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy /forum/post/19686469

You have a better chance of seeing an official Xbox Live app on iPhone than on Android (and the chance of an iPhone app is pretty dismal).

I disagree.

Android is the larger platform, and there are obvious feuds between Microsoft and Apple.... main conflict I see is that the PSP phone will be running android, and of course will be in direct competition with WP7 & live gaming.

Really, I don't see the need for MS to do this... I have xbox.com on my phone, and a damn good app that provides access to everything i need.... friends, games, achievements, messaging, etc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.