AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Xbox360, and have a profile setup online, and my fiancee has one setup offline. Do I need to have 2 paid subscriptions for her to go online under her name? If that's the case, she will just sign in under me, if not the case, how do I set it up?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Generally yes, each Gamertag must have it's own Gold account to play online. However, there are some exceptions. If you buy the game Shadowrun you are allowed to play online multiplayer even if you only have a Silver account. Also, many games allow for "guests" to play as long as they are playing on the same console with someone who has a Gold account. For full access to everything online though, she'll need her own Gold account.

Speaking of "guest"-enabled games, does anyone have a list of which games support this? If not, we should make one yeah?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I understand why... but that still sucks. Had a feeling, thanks guys. I know/think PS3 online is free, anyone hear anything on xbox going that route?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboBen /forum/post/15567208

I know/think PS3 online is free, anyone hear anything on xbox going that route?

Nope. You gotta pay to play with Microsoft

edit: meaning that MS hasn't even hinted at that as far as I know. The user community talks/gripes about it quite a bit though.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboBen /forum/post/15567208

I guess I understand why... but that still sucks. Had a feeling, thanks guys. I know/think PS3 online is free, anyone hear anything on xbox going that route?

Unlikely.

Pay-to-play is one of the pressure points MS has to regulate misbehavior.

Plus it helps fund the back end servers that keep the system going.

Different business model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts