AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my original xbox live account with my gamertag which works on xbox live. My girlfriend also has a gamertag setup, but it does not seem to be an "xbox live"ized account. When she goes into her account it gives her the option to join live. Is she included in my account? Does she need a separate membership? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiservt /forum/post/15567553

I have my original xbox live account with my gamertag which works on xbox live. My girlfriend also has a gamertag setup, but it does not seem to be an "xbox live"ized account. When she goes into her account it gives her the option to join live. Is she included in my account? Does she need a separate membership? Thanks ahead of time.

Separate. Each have to pay membership.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yes she needs her own membership. You can have a console gamertag and/or a LIVE gamertag.

LIVE gamertags are independent and require their own subscription.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
More specifically, there are two kinds of accounts: Local console accounts that let you play locally and rackup a gamer score but not log onto Live, and Live accounts do both. Live accounts come in silver and gold; silver is free and lets you connect to Live and purchase content, download game demos and videos, and chat. Gold accounts are by subscription and they let you do all that plus play online, view Netflix, and have early access to game demos and videos.

Local accounts can be converted to either Live silver or Live gold but you only need to pay if you need separate online gaming accounts.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/15567910

More specifically, there are two kinds of accounts: Local console accounts that let you play locally and rackup a gamer score but not log onto Live, and Live accounts do both. Live accounts come in silver and gold; silver is free and lets you connect to Live and purchase content, download game demos and videos, and chat. Gold accounts are by subscription and they let you do all that plus play online, view Netflix, and have early access to game demos and videos.

Local accounts can be converted to either Live silver or Live gold but you only need to pay if you need separate online gaming accounts.

Just wanted to add...When silver accounts are first made you get one month of gold for free. Not that it really helps your girlfriend now. Sounded like you thought she used to be able to get on live and now she can't. That would be the reason if that is the case. After that first month you would have to pay for gold level access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts